Chapter Twenty-Five

Jin stayed outside, still dumbfounded at the unexpected arrival of Nabi, as Taehyung brought Nabi into the home. He was clueless about a lot of things. Initially, he had anticipated going on a vacation with Hoseok, but when he arrived, he found Taehyung instead. At first, he believed Taehyung was there alone, but he soon discovered this was not the case. It was difficult for him to get his mind around anything. There was just too much going on all at once.

"I am sorry about that; I had asked them to remain inside, but Nabi didn't listen to my instructions." When Jin heard Taehyung talk behind him, he turned around to face Taehyung.

"Your kids are here?" It was an internal thought that was spoken out loud as Jin worked on processing the information.

Taehyung nodded, "they are-"

"Taehyung, I don't want to be misunderstood when I say this, but why are your kids here?"

"Seokjin, what exactly do you mean by that question?" As Taehyung continued to gaze at Jin, he clenched his jaw.

Jin looked away from Taehyung's domineering glare and chewed on his lip as he tried to piece his thoughts together. "I didn't mean anything insulting by it. I, well, I didn't expect to come here and see you. However, it happened that way, and after you told me what you felt since the last time, I thought maybe you brought me here to share that with me, and I don't know. I guess I thought you wanted some time spent with me as we work to figure out if something is possible between us, but now I see your kids are here, and I guess I am confused."

"My trip to Mexico was initially intended as a vacation for my children. It had no relation to you. I didn't plan on you being here. I learned about you coming here yesterday night after I arrived." Taehyung said bluntly as he fixed his gaze on Jin.

"W-what?" Jin's eyes widened in confusion.

"Hoseok believed that this was the most suitable opportunity for us to get together and talk-"

"Wait, you acted earlier as if you had planned this as if you wanted me to be here. So you're saying that Hoseok was the one who came up with the idea, right? The question is, what would have taken place if Hoseok hadn't planned this out? Your words earlier, which you claimed were an expression of your "feelings," would have never taken place?" Jin became angry as he stared at Taehyung.

"Seokjin, please know that the words I said to you and the apologies I offered were both sincere. You asked why my children are present, and I deemed it necessary to answer your question honestly."

Jin shook his head, suddenly realizing how ridiculous it was of him to believe that Taehyung had planned a trip to Mexico just for him. It was all Hoseok's doing, and he couldn't understand why Hoseok had played cupid when his life without Taehyung had been going so well!

"I know what you are thinking, Seokjin, but I would not have arranged your ride from the airport to here if I didn't want you here. After I found out, I realized it was a good-"

"I do not want to be here. I am leaving." Jin said out loud, even though he was fighting back the tears. He was embarrassed because he had somehow been under the impression that he was special, but now he saw how foolish he was.

Taehyung drew a deep breath and stepped toward Jin, saying, "you don't leave here until I leave."

"Screw you! You don't get to tell me what to do anymore. I am not your Sub, and I am most certainly nothing to you." Jin yelled and walked away from Taehyung. He grabbed his suitcase by the handle and tugged it with him.

"You are still wearing the bracelet, Seokjin."

Jin tried to remove the bracelet from his wrist by inserting two fingers in the space between his wrist and the bracelet and yanking on it, but it would not budge. Tears welled up in his eyes. He let go of the suitcase in frustration and then opened the clasp on the bracelet before hurling it at Taehyung, saying, "I am not wearing it, now am I?"