Chapter 7

POV: Felicity

I walked into verdant trying to balance my bags from the store, big belly burger and my purse. When I got to the steps I set down the bags in my right hand to do the code, than I opened the door and held it open with my foot, as I picked up by bags from the ground. I walked down the steps into the foundry. Oliver was on the salmon ladder, I love watching him do that, he looks so muscular and cute.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I dropped one of the bags, getting Oliver's attention. He let go the bar landing on the ground, grabbed a water bottle and began walking towards me.

"Hey, why didn't you call for help carrying the bags?" he asked

"I can manage, and you were busy".

He gave me a questioning look followed by a sweet smile. He than picked up the bag from the ground and took the drink carrier I was holding in my left hand. He turned and walked to my desk and I followed. I set down the bags and walked to the table where the girl, Macy lays unconscious, still.

"How is she doing" I asked.

"Ok, she should wake up pretty soon. She is quite a remarkable girl."

"How so?" I asked than pushed some of her black hair away from her face.

"Well for starters she is 16 years old but could figure out who was the arrow, who helps the arrow and where and how we operate. The starling City police department could not figure it out with all their resources but a 16 year old could. Also by reading her journal to find information she Is very wise and intelligent."

"Yep she sure is, we just need to make sure she uses her intelligence and wisdom the right way" I replied.

I began taking the burgers out of the bag. I handed Oliver one and a large fry and took out my fries. I grabbed my diet soda and sat down in my chair.

"You didn't get a burger?" Oliver asked.

"Um no, I'm not that hungry"

"Are you sure? You can have some of mine".

"No really I'm good, I ate a big breakfast". I said, lying I did not eat breakfast at all, but I'm just not hungry.

I began eating my fries and drinking my soda. while Oliver began eating, we didn't speak but yet it still was not awkward. When I finished I got up and threw away my cup and wrapper.

"The journal is in your desk if you want to read it" Oliver said finishing his food and throwing it away.

"I think you should read it, to determine her threat level if any. I didn't read all of it I just skimmed it".

"Ok I will"

I begin reading it and Oliver goes to make some new arrows. I read about how the arrow, Oliver killed Macy's uncle. Who was on the list, or so we thought. Macy's uncle was Richard Jones, named after his father. Mr.Queen wrote Richard Jones on the list and did not specify which one, he meant Richard Jones senior but when Oliver was on the island he died of a heart attack. When Oliver came back he did not know there was a junior and a senior. When Mr.Jones was confronted by the arrow he denied what Oliver said because he truly did not know about it, he did not even work for his father's company. Now lead by Mark Jones, Macy's father.

At first when Macy was trying to figure out who the arrow was she thought that Oliver was a criminal and wanted to get revenge for killing her uncle. whom she was very close to and considered him more if a father than her own. After a while though she discovered that what we are doing good and helping the city, Macy knowing that her families success was earned by stepping on others backs wants to help us.