Chapter 21

POV:Oliver

I knock Macy's door and she soon opens it. She is no longer in her clothes from earlier but in a party dress, she has holds a little girl in her arms who I assume is Brynn.

"Hey" she says, walking away from the door to sit in a couch. I follow closing the door behind me.

"Hi" I say

"Shouldn't you be with Felicity?"

"Diggle is with her. We had a disagreement after you left"

"Oops, I hope I didn't cause it, if so I'm really sorry"

"No, no it's fine. It was just about some stuff"

"Right, stuff" she says, making quotations in the air with her fingers

"So, I was thinking and I think we could use your help"

"Yes, I knew it" she says throwing her hands in the air

"But I have conditions" I say and she gets up and hands me Brynn and walks to a shelf in a book shelf picking up a folder. Brynn squirms around in my arms but I balance her in my knee letting her hold on to my fingers and play with them. Macy returns with the folder and set it in the table in front of me then sits down not taking Brynn from my lap.

"As do I, but, you go first"

"Ok, no field missions, you only participate in the missions I give you permission for, you follow Felicity's instructions to and use her as a mentor and if I ask you to stop helping you do" I says sternly

"I think we may have some conflicting conditions. You see this is my choice to help you not yours, so I decide how far I want to get into this and what I want to work on. I'm not made of glass, I won't break easily and I can be trusted"

"No" I say

"What why not"

"Felicity, said the same thing, when looking over you and look where she is now" I say

"Well, I'm different then Felicity" she stammers

"No your really not that different, and I started this crusade it's either my way or not at all"

"Fine, whatever. Here take this" she says handing me the folder from earlier. I take it from her with my freehand.

"What's this?"

"All the possibitlies that can happen while confronting a Mob leader on the list and how to deal with them, I did it earlier to prove myself to you" she says and I can't help but smile.

"What?" She asks

"It's funny cause you think you different then Felicity"

"Whatever, so you and Felicity, what happened between you two?"

"It's none of your business"

"Common! Think of me as Thea, I'm sure you used to share things like this to her, think of me as a sister."

"Ok, we got in a fight, because she said that she has feeling with me and that she is tired of waiting for me and that if I don't make up my mind soon she will move on"

"So, what are you going to do? Do you have feelings for her? I mean I know you do have feeling for her but have to realized it. What about Laurel? I mean I know you don't care for Laurel like you used to and you are just with her to be with her"

"I don't know" I take a deep breath "I really don't know"

"Well in the books he would tell her how he feels about her but, authors like to torture us so he he would be stupid and not tell her but after a series of unfortunate events they would get together, unless one of them dies, hopefully that won't happen to you guys"

"You know everything in books is not true"

"I know, but, sometimes they allow us to escape our reality for a little while and leave all our worries, pain and secrets behind. Maybe you should read a little more, often it might help you"

"I don't have time"

"Ok, maybe someday someone will write about you and how you helped save this city, and protect it, and after all your hard work and all the problems you get the girl"

"Maybe, Does every book that you read have love in it"

"Most, but not in the same ways, but, one thing that is always the same is that they have to fight to make it work. And I think that is what love might be, its that connection between people, that no matter the costs, the problem or the situation they always fight to work it out so that they can be together, that way if they fight for it you know it's true." she says them looks at her hands then looks back up at me. "but then again I could be wrong, it's just an idea."

I was about to say something when there was a knock in the door, instinctively I stood up and handed Brynn back To Macy, soon after Mrs. Jones walked in.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but Macy it's time to get going" she says

"No that's fine, we were just finishing up, I was just offering Macy and internship at Queen consolidated, we can discuss it further, tonight at Ms.Smoak's house, if you are coming over to visit her"

"Oh, my that's wonderful, I'll walk you out Mr. Queen" Mrs.Jones says, I nod then give Macy a hug.Mrs.Jones then takes shows me out and I head home and run a few airings then off to Felicity's.

Hey guys I hope you like this, chapter. I just posted a short story and I would love if you guys could check it out it's called Him & Her. Don't forget to comment and vote!
-BJ😊

By the was thanks so much for 3k reads, that's crazy, thanks you all for all the votes and for reading this story it means so much to me!😘