Chapter 13

POV: Oliver
Once Maria got back with the coffee, me and Macy stopped talking. We all sit quietly in the waiting room.

I can't take my mind off of Felicity, What condition is she in? Will she make it? What happened? All I want to do is see her and make sure she is ok. I look up at the T.V. where the news is on the bottom of the screen reads 'Breaking News: Hit and run car crash' a small women stands in the screen and talks and a pictures are in the corners alternating between pictures of Macy, Felicity and the crash.

'I am here outside the Jones' mansion after a car crash happened two hours ago. 25 year old, Felicity Smoak, assistant and friend of CEO of Queen Consolidated and owner of Verdant, was hit by a large truck, when pulling out of the Jones', owners of Jones incorporated. Macy the youngest Jones saw the crash happen and soon after rushed to the car to help, which was then in flames and majorly damaged. The police and paramedics go there and took Felicity and Macy to the hospital, their conditions not yet released. The driver of the truck got away but Detective Lance is on the case, the families have nothing to say at this point in time' the reporter says then it goes to commercial.

I put my head down in my hands, this is killing me why won't they just tell us Felicity's condition already.

"Oliver, can I talk to to?" Maria asks, I nod my head and stand up

"We'll be right back Macy" I say.We walk out to the hallway of the waiting room

"Sooooooo" I say

"Hey, I'm really sorry what happened to Felicity, she seems really important to you and is a great person" she says

"Yep, she is remarkable" I say

"So, I need to get going soon, back to my family,but, I have a feeling Macy won't want to leave. Is it okay if she stays for a while longer until we get word and then I'll send her driver down to get her?"

"Yea, that's fine, I can always drive her home" I say

"Thanks so much, I left Brynn with my mom when the accident happened"

"Brynn?" I question confused

"My daughter" she says

"That's great, I did not realize you had a daughter"

"Yep she's 18 months old"

"Well get home to your family, Macy is safe with me"

"Ok I'm just gonna go say goodbye, she has her phone with her, but she can't really go on in because of her arms"

"Right, hey go out the back doors of the hospital there are reporters all around" I say

*************************************

Maria left a while ago and me and Macy have been talking and playing eye spy for the last hour. Its been 3 hours since the accident and we still have not had word, I'm getting really nervous.

"Oliver, when do you think we will find out about Felicity's condition?" Macy asked

Just on cue a Nurse walked in holding a clip board "Felicity Smoak's friends and family" she says

I dart up and walk towards the nurse "that would be me" I say

"What's you connection to Ms.Smoak"

"I'm Oliver Queen, I'm her employer and friend" I say, for some reason friend does not successfully describe our relationship, she is more than a friend to me we spend most of our time together and are really close.

"Ok, does she have family here?" The nurse asks

"No, just me and Macy Jones, another friend and witness of the accident" I say

The nurse just nods and writes stuff down on her clip board. "Ok, Mr. Queen can you are Miss. Jones follow me?"

I nod and motion for Macy to get up, which she does, she joins me by my side. I can tell by the way she walks she is nervous and about to break into tears. I put my hand on her back and rub it gently, just like I used to do to Thea when she was upset.We follow the nurse down a few halls until we stop in front of a room.

"Ms. Smoak is in here, she still is unconscious, which she has been since we got to her at the accident. She has a broken leg, that required surgery on, rods and pins were put in her leg. She also has a two broken ribs, a strained Neck, a concussion and scratches and bruises all over her body, one that required stitches in her head by her hair line" I can feel Macy tense up under my hand and I feel like I have a gut retching pain in my stomach, Felicity my friend is badly injured and I can't do anything about it "she's stable though, and should wake up anytime now, you guys may sit in her room quietly and wait" the nurse finishes and walks away.

Me and Macy stand at the door, where Felicity lays unconscious, and badly injured but alive on the other side.

I open the door and walk in, Macy close at the back of my feet. Felicity lays in the hospital bed with her right leg in a sling suspended by a machine, an IV runs out of her wrist and there is a brace around her neck and a bandage on her forehead covering up what I assume are her stitches. she is in a light blue hospital gown and her golden locks lie around her.

I walk up to towards her bed her eyes are closed and she has a blank expression, her face is free of makeup revealing light freckles on her cheeks and nose, her usual earrings have been removed. She is still absolutely gorgeous, I wish I could just see her light blue eyes.

"Did you hear what the nurse said? She will be ok" I say to Macy, who nods

"Why don't you take a seat, I have some headphones if you want to listen to music on your phone or watch Netflix" I say

"That would be great" she says

"Ok, just tell me what show or movie you want to watch you aren't supposed to use your hands"

"I'll watch Catching Fire, I'm already partially through it for the millionth time" she says

I just nod and smile as I set up the show and then rest her phone propped up on the arm chair and plug in the headphones. Macy sits curled up in the chair and watches the movie.

I pull up a chair closer to her bed and gently rest my hand on hers. Thankful for the fact that she will be ok and that I have a second chance with her, maybe even to figure out what we are to each other because we aren't just friends.

Hey! I hope you guys like this chapter! I'll update again by Friday! Don't forget to comment and vote
-BJ😊

What do you think of Macy's relationship with Oliver and Felicity?