Chapter 16

POV: Felicity
I wake up just as, beautiful sun rays begin to shine through the blinds in the hospital window. I begin to sit up but I feel a sharp pain in my neck and gasp. Oliver stirs besides me then sits up and looks down at me.

"Good, morning Fel-ic-ity" he says softly

"Good morning Oliver" I say

The nurse walks in and Oliver gets out of the bed and sits in his chair from yesterday.

"Good Morning Ms.Smoak, how are you feeling?"

"I'm ok" I say

"You seem to be recovering quite well and can probably go home today, we just have to take a few tests"

"Ok" I say

Oliver's phone starts ringing and goes out to the hall. I hope it's not anything with work, Queen Consolidated or arrow. I just want him to stay here and comfort and entertain me.

The nurse exits after saying something about getting my meds and sitting up.
I sit in my bed for a few minutes thinking about how well I slept, for the first time in as long a I can remember, I didn't dream about my mistakes in the past or problem in the future.

A few minutes later Oliver walks back in, and sits in his chair.

"Everything okay?" I ask

"Yep, Macy was at the Foundry when Roy got there and kinda freaked him out" he says and I smile

"What is she doing there?"

"She was trying to figure out who hit you so, and I quote I can go all 'arrow, ninja, bully, lesson teacher, person on them', Roy is in his way up here to see you. She really looks up to you, and sees you as a role model"

"You too, but that's what I'm afraid of."

"Why?"

"Because me and you don't necessarily have good relationships with our families, friends and not to mention be break the law a lot"

"Ok, I get your point, but, she has good potential and we can help her be strong were she is weak"

"Oliver she's only 16, I don't think we should get her into this"

"It's a little too late, and I have a feeling with or without our help she will so we mine as well guide her to avoid more damage"

"Ok we'll talk about it later, did you call Laurel yet?" I ask taking Oliver and myself by surprise

"I've been with you"

"Don't you think you should"

"Felicity, I'm not leaving you, you are important too, so stop arguing and let
me care and worry for you" Oliver says

"Sorry, I just don't want you to lose someone that you love because of me, I've caused enough problem and don't really need more"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, just some stuff I did in high school and college" I say swallowing hard because this is a touchy subject

"Ok, you never really talk about your past"

"As the same can be said about you"

"True" he says. The truth is I would
Love to learn about Oliver's past and I'm ok with sharing parts of mine with him, it's just that I don't think he's up to it and if I would Tell him he would think of me as broken, damaged and weak.

*****30 minutes later*****

I now sit in my bed sitting up with a tray in front of me, Oliver is still by my side and the nurse is preparing to draw blood. I look away from the nurse at Oliver cringing.

"You ok, Felicity? It's was a little bit of blood"

"It's not the whole blood part it's the needle part, remember I'm not a bit fan of them, especially because the last time I went to get a flu shot I was kidnapped by a whack-job"

"It's ok, I'll protect you" Oliver says

We takes my hand and squeezes it firmly, I can feel my warm face that is probably really red from blushing.

"Ok, Ms. Smoak, you all good, I will be back with you results in a little bit, eat some food and call us if you need anything" the nurse says

"Ok" I say confused I didn't even feel her drawing blood. Just as the nurse walks out Macy and Roy walk in.

"Hey mace, hi Roy"

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Roy asks

"Blah" I say

"I'm sorry what happened, this little one told me what happened and was trying to figure out who did it earlier" he says motioning to Macy

"So I heard, Mace you need to be careful, no one can see you" I say

"No one did, I promise, I took out the cameras" Macy says

"Ok, how was getting out up here?"

"It's crazy down there, they kept asking about you and my injuries but I ignored them" Macy says,

she wears a lavender loose long sleeve shirt and dark jeans with her black converse, her hair is straightened and flows over her shoulders, she has a tote bag on her shoulder.

"Oliver can I talk to you in the hall?" Roy asks

"Um, sure, be right back" he says to me and let's go of my hand, right away I can feel the absence of his warmth.

I'm so sorry I have not updated in a while, I have finals and I'm going to see Taylor Swift tonight. I will update hopefully more once school is out. Don't forget to comment and vote!
-BJ😊

What did you think of this chapter?