Chapter Five

"I just can't," Kara groans, pushing the margarita away from her plate. "Just smelling alcohol, nope." She shivers, shaking her head back and forth.

"I know and god, I'm so tired," Alex complains, her eyelids probably drooping shut behind her thick sunglasses. "Maggie, how are you drinking another mimosa?"

"It's Vegas!"

The Danvers sisters groan in unison, Kara stuffing another fry into her mouth while Alex struggles to prop her heavy head against her fist.

"You know we are inside, right? I think it's safe to take off the sunglasses," Kara teases.

"It's so bright here," Alex whines. "It's like Vegas has never heard of clouds."

Kara chuckles, popping a handful of fries into her mouth as Alex's head tips forward like she's falling asleep. Since her big sister isn't paying close attention to her, she sneaks another peek at her phone.

"Why are you being weird?"

Kara jumps in her own skin, her phone slipping right out of her hand but luckily landing in her lap. "Huh, um what?"

"See, weird," Alex states, slipping the sunglasses on top of her head to inspect her sister thoroughly. "Right, Mags? She's being weird."

"Technically, your sister is always weird. But yeah, what gives, baby Danvers?"

"Nothing-"

"She says suspiciously," Alex mocks.

"I'm not."

"She claims with blushing cheeks," Maggie adds on with a stupid cocky grin that Kara wants to slap right off her face but she's a very peaceful person.

"Eh, to be fair, Kara's always blushing," her sister rudely comments, yet, Kara's traitorous cheeks happily prove her point.

"Right. Right. Ah, she says with shallow breaths."

"Okay, stop! You know I hate when you two use your interrogation skills and team up on me."

"So put your big girl pants on and tell us what's really going on," Alex presses as she snakes a fry from Kara's plate.

"Nothing, just please drop it, okay?"

"Is it Lena?" Maggie proceeds, folding her arms upon the table and leaning even closer. "By the way, we haven't had a chance to talk about it...how was she?"

"Babe, I don't want to know that, that's my sister."

"I'm not asking how she is, I'm asking how the woman was that she did it with."

"Have I mentioned that you two are a lot better together now that you worked out the whole baby thing. Gosh, you two used to be so toxic," Kara swiftly changes the subject.

"I think so too," Maggie happily agrees, pressing a kiss to her wife's temple before turning right back on Kara. "I still want details, when cranky isn't around," she says, rolling her eyes toward Alex.

Kara nods, she has always shared her experiences with Maggie and she was the first one to help Kara and offer tips when she was panicking about being with a girl for the first time.

Thankfully, her phone buzzes in her lap and distracts her from any further investigation. She glances down, finding another message from Lena. She had left three hours ago and ever since she landed back in National City, they have been texting.

"Titanic."

Kara reacts without thought, her face scrunching up in confusion as her head jerks back.