Chapter Twenty-Seven

The day Lena and Kara spent together in bed was intimate, spiritually changing, soul soothing, a type of deep connection that Kara can honestly say she's never felt before. And above everything she was feeling, she knew Lena was experiencing the same life altering moment. Warm skin glided across her own as they talked about anything and everything they could think of from their past.

Sometimes the conversations steered toward the darker memories that haunt their dreams and that's when they would hold each other closer and find ways to touch one another that was soothing. Other times when their discussions were light and fluffy, they would become distracted by the way their bodies would rub together for the most glorious friction and then they would make love all over again. No role playing, no toys, just the intimacy of touch and taste that had their bodies humming with pleasure.

It took them two whole days of nakedness before Lena popped the bubble and headed off to L-Corp to speak with her brother about the plans moving forward. Kara ached to have Lena in her arms again but she dragged herself to Catco and spoke to James about a reporter position Ms. Grant promised her. He didn't hesitate and with a smile on his face he told her to start the following day, bright and early.

The rest of the week Lena stayed at Kara's apartment and together they prepared for work, moving easily around each other. Kara would start the coffee pot every morning while Lena claimed the shower first. Once they were both ready for work, they would drift around the kitchen, preparing breakfast like they had been doing it for years. It quickly became a routine that Kara found herself adoring and appreciating more than she ever thought to consider before.

Lex had flown to London to find someone capable of managing L-Corp while Lena took over National City again. After two weeks back at work, Lex called Lena and informed her that he promoted Siobhan Smythe and that everything was taken care of. Kara didn't know who Siobhan was but Lena insisted that she met her at L-Corp a few times.

After that, everything seemed to move pretty quickly. Lena paid professional movers to pack up the penthouse, move everything to a storage unit and then she sold the place within a week of being on the market. Selling that tainted place brought up a new discussion about Kara's apartment and how it was just as bad because Mike used to live there. So, the following week, Kara and Lena packed up everything and moved it all to Lena's apartment in National City. Lena paid the landlord a little extra to end the lease for Kara.

Two months in a whirlwind of life changing moments but Kara knows in heart that this is where she is supposed to be in life and she doesn't regret one single second.

Except maybe this one, where she's running late because she got caught up in a story and needed to question her lead one more time. She is like a tornado as she bursts through the front door, out of breath, papers and folders overflowing from her arms, her bag sliding down her shoulder. She sighs, kicking off her heels and dropping everything onto the side table that's meant for their keys and Lena's purse.

"I'm sorry I'm late," she hollers, readjusting her glasses as she takes a deep breath to calm down.

Leia's immediately at her feet, bouncing around while simultaneously spinning in circles. She quickly bends down and scoops up the puppy that's not so miniature anymore.

"There she is," she hears Lena sigh before she enters the living room.

Lena spins around to greet her but Kara's momentarily stunned by the people decorating their living room.

"Uh, what's going on?" She mutters with her mouth agape and her eyes scanning over every familiar face.

"Game night," Lena happily explains, pressing a kiss to Kara's blushing cheek. "You've been so busy lately at work and I thought you could use the distraction."