Epilogue

"Leia!"

The sound of her wife's voice is what inspires her eyelashes to stretch apart. She had meant to lie down for just a moment but maybe she had fallen asleep. When her sleepy eyes come into focus, she discovers her wife leaning against the door with a cute frown upon her face. Kara tilts her head to the side and glances around to figure out what could have warrant that facial expression. Maybe it's the way the most adorable three-year-old is curled into her side or maybe it's because Leia's head is resting across her thighs, just below her baby bump, always the protective puppy.

Kara flashes a lazy smile, persuading Lena to push off the wall and tiptoe into the bedroom. As quietly as possible, Lena carefully slips onto the bed, offering a pat on the head for Leia before she places her hand upon a protruding limb seeking attention from Kara's belly.

"How long did I fall asleep for?" She whispers, entranced by the way her wife's fingers dance playfully with their unborn child.

"About an hour," Lena mindlessly mumbles, her sole attention on the body part pressing against her fingers.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to fall asleep-"

"Kara, it's fine," she sweetly vows, craning her neck for a kiss to soothe her worries. "But they should be here shortly."

"I know, let's get up," she whispers, motivating Lena to end her game of tag with their baby and stand from the bed.

Kara carefully slips her arm out from under the toddler and pauses just to make sure they don't wake her. Once they are sure their niece is still sound asleep, Lena holds out her hands for support and Kara happily places her hands inside. She's been feeling extra heavy lately, so she will take all the help she can get. Leia leaps off the bed, watching very closely as Lena helps Kara from the mattress and Kara isn't sure if she wants to laugh at their dog or cry from how adorable and protective she is over the baby growing inside of her.

She and Lena sneak out of the bedroom, closing the door about halfway in case their niece wakes up.

One year after Alex and Maggie were placed on the adoption list, they received the call about a young pregnant woman. Three months later, they were welcoming their baby girl, Frankie, into the world. Lena and Kara were named godparents and helping out with the babysitting has really prepared them for their little one.

When Frankie was six months, Alex and Maggie were exhausted, so Lena and Kara shoved them out the door the night before Thanksgiving and demanded they have a date night and not come back until dinner the following day. It's three years later and that has become the routine every year for Thanksgiving. Kara's already planning her own traditional holiday date night with Lena, maybe the day before Christmas Eve, Alex and Maggie can watch their baby.

"Lena, the table looks amazing," she gushes, taking in the long dining room table that is perfectly set for Thanksgiving...even though they are in Ireland.

"Thank you." Lena's cheeks tinge with a hint of pink from the compliment as she walks around the table one last time and makes sure everything is in order.

Kara studies her closely, mesmerized by the way she glides around the dining room, a little frown between her eyebrows as she mentally checks everything off her list. She's so in love with this woman.

Two years ago, Lena tracked down the cabin she and her mother lived in with her father in Ireland and offered a disgusting amount to the owners. It was an offer they couldn't refuse and Lena was over the moon to have the home back in her life. She spent the first summer, adding on to the cabin for guests and together they updated the interior and redecorated. They spend most of their summers there now and holidays as well. The past two Thanksgivings, Lena has flown her family and Kara's to stay with them. Nia and Brainy come every year as well.