Chapter Fourteen

Okay, so it was her sister's wedding day and maybe she was a little late finding motivation to tumble out of bed and help Alex prepare for the day when such a gorgeous woman was clinging to her. Luckily, Alex had stayed at Lena's apartment the night before, so Maggie could stay at their place and they could get ready separately. Unfortunately, Alex pounded on the door mid-orgasm for Lena and Kara had to cover her wife's mouth while her fingers never desisted and she had a conversation with her sister through the closed door.

Kara still didn't even show her face after that because she was too worked up and needed to finish because she was not about to venture through such a stressful day, turned on and uncomfortable. When she did finally emerge, alone because Lena slipped into the shower, Alex had a permanent, knowing smirk, slapped across her face. Kara breezed right by her, ignoring the way her sister's eyes tracked her every move.

Alex might have said something about Kara being a little shit while she chuckled into her coffee. Kara may have threatened specifics and dirty details if her big sister didn't stop teasing her. However, they both had glistening doe-eyes over their coffee mugs with giant grins stretching all the way to their ears because they were finally back together again and dear god, had they missed each other.

After Lena emerged from the shower, wet hair dripping down her back, she greeted Kara with another morning kiss and started preparing mimosas. Kara had jumped in the shower next and hoped her sister wouldn't be too hard on her wife, because she knew Lena wouldn't saying anything on Alex's wedding day to upset her. When she returned, both women were laughing, genuinely enjoying each other's company before Alex moseyed on to the bathroom.

Kara interrogated Lena about what they talked about but her wife assured her the conversation was light, she even invited Alex and Maggie to come stay for a few weeks for the grand event for L-Corp's opening. She had swooped her wife up and kissed her with everything she had as a thank you.

Then she left the apartment, swinging Lena's keys as she ran down the street to the old bakery for fresh bagels and donuts. When she returned, she found Lena helping Alex with her makeup and Kara almost dropped all the pasties from her excitement alone. Her sister and her wife were actually enjoying one another's company without Kara having to referee. It was such a breath of fresh air seeing them get along because Mike and Alex couldn't stand to be in the same room anymore.

It wasn't until Lena's driver was winding through the traffic toward the banquet hall that it finally dawned on Kara that she was supposed to sing as Alex walked down the aisle to Maggie. Of course, Lena had heard Kara in the kitchen, playfully singing but she had never heard her like full-on Mariah Carey a song. She had suddenly felt queasy, her palms instantly slicked with sweat while her stomach curled in on itself. Lena had asked her several times in the back of the Lincoln if she was alright but Alex's anxious eyes were on her as well, so she faked the best smile she could muster up.

When they arrived at the hall, some woman escorted them to a room where Alex wouldn't see Maggie. It wasn't long before Eliza showed up, thick tears cascading freely down her face, swearing up and down that she wore waterproof mascara and not to make a fuss over her. Kara's own vision was blurry but Lena melting into her back and holding her close helped calm the emotions within.

Right before the ceremony, Kara lead Lena to the seats, showing her where to sit and instructing her to save the spot to her right for when she's done singing. She was nervous and felt guilty leaving Lena behind but her wife smiled and waved her off. She pivoted in her chair and made small talk with James, considering he's helping her run Catco now and they have exchanged quite a few emails that Kara had no idea about. As Kara was headed to the front to take her place to sing, she noticed Lucy rushing in. She tried her very best to ignore how awkward Lena and Lucy must have felt knowing all her dirty secrets but she had to focus on Alex's big day.