Chapter Seven

After Lena left for work in the morning, Kara fell back asleep until ten in the morning and was feeling ten times better when she finally crawled out of bed.

She took a moment to glance around the bedroom and almost passed out again from the sheer size of the room. She's pretty sure her entire apartment back in National City could fit in the bedroom. Everything was white. White dressers, white headboard, white sheets, white duvet, although there were accent pillows with a warm grey. There was a massive houseplant as tall as she in the corner which was right next to the floor to ceiling windows. Thankfully, Lena had blackout curtains that were drawn so Kara could rest but as soon as she was wide awake, she yanked them open and then nearly passed out again from the view of London.

After that, she shuffled through the penthouse. It couldn't just be an apartment with Lena's income and besides, the living room had vaulted ceilings which lead her to believe they were on the top floor. As she made her way to the kitchen to find something to eat, she stumbled upon a white, electric fireplace that ran across an entire wall.

Then her eye caught the enormous balcony that she had to run to and sneak a better view of London. She choked when she stumbled upon a small pool with the most gorgeous fire pit next to it, surrounded by massive, white, outdoor couches that looked as comfortable as her new bed. Since it was the beginning of June, she decided to leave the doors wide open and enjoy the warm breeze as she ventured toward the kitchen.

On her way, she noted more white, white leather couches, white marble floors with a soft and shaggy white rug for the living room. A white dining room table with white chairs. Ah, not to mention, white counter chairs for her white, marble, kitchen island. Kara noticed a few art pieces hanging on the walls, but they were in black and white as well and she made a mental note to go shopping for anything that had splashes of color.

If Lena would allow color in the house.

If Lena would allow her to decorate.

She is her wife though...

After that, Kara had decided on a light breakfast in case her stomach was still angry with her. So, she settled for some water and two slices of plain toast. Then, she hopped in the shower, more white marble by the way and went in search for her clothes. She had packed some, not much, in her hurry to meet Lena, so that's another thing she needs to go shopping for.

When she returned to the bedroom, she found that her bags were nowhere to be found. She quickly checked under the bed, finding nothing at all. She immediately went to the closet, and she quite literally stumbled back from the walk-in closet that deserved its own zip code. That's where she did find her clothes though, yet, not in her bags but already neatly folded in drawers or hanging on a side that was clearly hers now and opposite from Lena's side.

She briefly considered that maybe she died on that plane and went to Heaven. It would explain all the white.

She found her leggings and a comfy blue v-neck with some fuzzy socks, since she knew she would be lounging all day. Then she brushed her hair and teeth and found her way back to the balcony to enjoy some fresh air and the new city. She sat there for a solid ten minutes in peace and quiet before guilt gnawed at her and she ended up caving and calling her sister.

Fifteen missed called, fifteen voicemails, and a novel of texts were waiting for her when she turned on her phone. She ignored them all and called.

"Have you lost your damn mind?"

"Whatever happened to a simple hi?" Kara sighs, propping her feet upon her chair and resting her chin upon her knees.

"Don't be cute with me, not when you turned off your phone and ran away to a foreign country with some stranger who is apparently, still your wife! Have you completely lost it? What is the matter with you? Did Mike finally push you over the edge? I mean, Kara-"