19- Charilaus

Charilaus Diamandis could barely feel blood rush through his leg anymore and bent down to look at the male's head on his lap as he stopped raking his hand through his hair and said, "Cleon."

The man made a soft grumble as he moved a bit, trying to be more comfortable while Charilaus smiled, a rare ever sight and continued untangling the curly balls on Cleon's head. "You should go to the bed now."

Cleon seemed to make a sound of disapproval as Charilaus added, "My leg hurts."

It was a lie, well, a white one but he knew that it would get Cleon's attention which he did as the male raised his sleepy eyes to stare at his Master, "Oh. Forgive me."

Charilaus watched him rise up, adjusting his chiton as he looked back at the gold haired man and added with a now awake voice. "Are you coming to bed?"

"I still have -," Charilaus waved a hand around the table filled with scrolls on his desk. "Some things to do."

"I know," Cleon began to rub his eyes with his palm. "I think I should stay and -"

"Sit on my lap." Charilaus said, patting it.

A Cleon of years ago would have seemed absolutely terrified or baffled about the request, which he usually still was sometimes but he sat like it was no big deal and stared at Charilaus.

"You have been with Persephone lately."

He felt the slave tense up on his lap and reached out to squeeze his thigh, a gesture that calmed Cleon down as he whispered, "She requests for me more this days."

"Do not go."

"My Lord -,"

"I do not want you around her." He added more force to his words and when he saw Cleon wince, added more softly, "She is just bad luck."

"But she reminds me of you," Cleon replied as softly as his Master did, except he was playing with his fingers and avoiding his gaze.

Years ago, Charilaus would have sworn that his daughter, the little tyke, was nothing like him, and he had been grateful for that little abstract fact, but now, he knew that the one person who knew him more than anyone had noticed it too.

And how much it scared him.

"Go to bed."

"Okay."

They both knew the conversation was over anyway, it always was when Persephone was involved.

Cleon walked to the bed and laid, turning his back away from Charilaus who stared at his figure in the darkness of the room that was only illuminated by the candles on his table as memories of his past flashed through his head.

Charilaus Diamandis was born of Lord Patroclus and Lady Circe Diamandis in a small village off of the main Capital of Renatus called Pashís, it was a learned village for Apollo scholars and was a dedicated village to the god alone.

His parents were the head scholars and medicine head of all of Pashís and even certain Renatus people came to them for help and healing.

Charilaus could not recall too much of his childhood in the small village, but he remembered certain things.

That his Parents were very devoted to their Patron and worshipped him fervently. Charilaus himself had never understood why but at a point, had come to relate with it as a way to calm himself down for that was what his Father did.

Prayed to Apollo everytime there was a sick person that seemed incurable and asked for help or when things were not going well in the village as survival had been quite minimal, considering the fact that they were all medicine men and they requested for help with feeding and survival from the merchants as they exchanged medicinals herbs for them.