21- Leonidas

He could not sleep.

It had been a day after his Father handed over the key to him and he had wanted to tell Persephone all about in his letter but he could not bring himself to write it.

The fact that his Parents were already aware of it kept him silent and confused.

Deep down, he knew that if they found out about who he wrote to would only put him a lot of questioning and scrutiny, plus, he would lose her, a thought that did not sit well with him.

Leonidas tossed on his bed, bringing his pillow closer to his chest as his nails dug into it since his skin was off limits and groaned into it at the same time.

If he did not send her a letter for today, he was in trouble.

And if he did, his Parents, now believing that they had justified themselves by at least warning him would be out for it like wolves to a lamb, but everytime he tried sleeping, he kept seeing those eyes of hers stare at him with such disappointment that he woke up with a jolt and sweat all over his sheets.

By the gods, he was sleeping in a pool of his sweat and not a bed.

What could he do?

A thought like a light bulb popped into his head and the idea made him sit up, the wheels in his brain in motion.

Could he try that?

Leonidas was not sure what her reaction would be, he could never tell what, but he hoped that his efforts for trying to rectify his sin would be forgiven.

But what if she got upset?

Leonidas curled himself up as he hugged his legs.

That was even worse!

They had not seen since the stable and being punished, even though the image of it made his body shudder and shiver in excitement, was not and could not be accepted!

Besides, he wanted her to be happy with him after so long.

Leonidas let out another muffled groan into his pillow as he said, "What is wrong with me?"

It was an hour after midnight that Leonidas found himself on his horse and into the darkness to her Castle.

A very risky thing in its own merit because of the robbers around, even though he had never encountered them before and found himself staring at the dark silhouette of the building which looked exceedingly more terrifying than in day time.

Even his horse seemed petrified.

It neighed and trotted backwards, even fighting him for it's rein so it could be loose as Leonidas tried to shush him before managing to jump off. "Antinous! Be quiet!"

It was a whisper but harsh enough to get the horse to quieten a bit as Leonidas stared at the still dark and quiet castle before turning to him, "I do not want you to wake anyone up."

The horse did not interrupt but decided to listen intently to his Master who sounded quite agitated and confused, perhaps worried about it's safety, and Leonidas' of course.

Or maybe a little.

"I shall leave you here -"

Antinous began his tantrums.

"By the gods, listen!"

It did pause, but only to send a glare to his Master. How could he suggest such a thing?! The place was so cold and scary it even made his tail stand at the end.

"I just have to -"

"Hello."

Leonidas found himself shrieking as he turned, his hand on his chest and his back on Antinous who looked like the only thing still keeping him there was his loyalty to his Master.