Manners, please

Tall walls white as snow occupy themselves with a row of gold framed pictures and artistic creations. Before them is a large room filled to the brim with expensive furniture and modern decorations. The most eye catching part, a lamp as tall as its owner, is situated in the middle. Its inner parts had been carefully crafted with spider silk to create a shiny illusion.

They surround a floating ball of gentle light close to the top while the rest are situated in a branch like manner, imitating a tree rising from the bottom to reach the light.

That is precisely what the entire house feels like. It's an attempt to reach the sky above, to ascend to the best standards possible. After all, that's what everyone would expect from the living space of a hero.

There are numerous rooms and three floors, each with their own color theme. The lowest floor is full of light and honored artifacts. It feels like a brand new museum dedicated to the Celestials. The second floor above it is built to serve guests. The large living room with the fancy lamp can be found in the middle whilst a kitchen and a surprisingly large bathroom reside from either sides.

The last floor is the top one where light pours through its signature glass wall. With a little bit of magic, the wall glass can change colors, display whatever the caster desires or completely alter whether the inside can be visible from outside. The top floor is the owner's safe space. While there is already a sparring space outside of the marvelous building, a slightly smaller one is kept here as well, in case the weather is not ideal.

Apart from the second royal looking bathroom and another, arguably cozier than the previous one, living room, there are three more rooms. An astounding bedroom, a small storage room and the highlight of this floor, the Holy library. The reason they call it holy is because every tome, every scroll and every letter regarding the untouchable powers above is here.

It's so quiet that one could almost hear the radiating light coming from Madeleine's armaments. He's sitting on a wooden table right across his hung armor and weapons. He only ever takes them off at night to sleep, but this time he couldn't bear to keep them on. His frosty, dark eyes are pinned on them with a level of focus that only someone who's completely disconnected from this world could achieve.

I see you as a hypocrite, a manipulator, a liar. I do not wish to associate myself with you unless you are willing to change that part of yourself and to become an actual hero.

The words still hurt like hell. Maybe that is why he's felt the Divine's presence less lately. He's been in his head for far too long and now he's being left behind.

A loud bang breaks the silence of the library. With his messy head pressed against the table, he covers it with one palm. The table soon feels the presence of tears, yet no sound comes out the knight.

How can this be? How did a great, strong, passionate, brave, talented and universaly loved knight like me be the subject of such vile words?

His tears roll faster than his body can produce. Soon his eyes turn a puffy red. It stings.

I've never wanted to harm or manipulate anyone. Espresso is wrong. He doesn't understand me.

He pulls his head back, wiping away some white hair from his cheeks.

'Why do I feel as if he is right?'

He glances at his proud armor. It looks strange. Alien, even...

Espresso, I have never hurt you like this before. Why are you so...so hateful towards me?

He sniffles and rubs his tears on his white buttoned shirt. His body is dripping with sweat from the stress. The answer has become so foggy its impossible to distinguish it. Then, just as he feels ready to admit defeat his weapons light up. Startled, the man looks straight into the light. One would say that it is blinding but for him it's warm and relaxing.