Just a drink

'What took you so long?'

'Relax. I was just hangin' out with my juice on a rooftop. Nothin' to worry about.'

Two siblings they are, yet with nothing in common. Their style, attitude, intelligence...everything one can think of is what they don't share. Despite their differences however, Vampire and Alchemist are still, very much, related.

The one with the purple and perfectly round pigtail styled hair, Alchemist, is standing by the door to Vampire's room. He had attempted to sneak in while she was having lunch, but his actions proved futile.

'You were gone for two days straight! I couldn't find you anywhere.' She cries out, clenching her dark red hoodie that spells "N2O + C12H18O = Fun". It happens to be the one her brother bought her on her birthday.

'I knoow, that's just life. You are one place one day and then boom you are uh, elsewhere.'

Alchemist crosses her slim arms. Her alcohol loving brother receives a nasty frown from her before she speaks up.

'Don't do that again, you hear me? Next time you want to spend that much time away from home you have to let me know.'

Her demanding tone doesn't go unnoticed. Sitting on the edge of his bed, Vampire relaxes his shoulders, genuinely ready to fall asleep on her lecture.

'Gotcha.' Vampire grins, a perfect way to show off his large fangs.

'I'm being serious Vampire. Next time you are gone from home for longer than a day I'm going to report you missing.'

The redhead's grin widens. He stands up from the edge of his bed and calmly approaches her.

'Hey, what are-' She's abruptly stopped when her feet are lifted off the ground. Now, secure in her brother's arms, she feels the unexpected hug tightening. 'What? What is happening?'

Such displays of affection are not to be expected from her brother. She tries to push herself out, but that only makes this rare and concerning interaction worse. For a moment, she swears that she feels him...shaking.

'Vampire what in the world are you doing?! Are you sick?'

He can only sigh in response to that. The drinks he had were not enough to cover up those awful memories. That night, the innocent woman, the blood. He realised something very important when it was all over.

'Vampire.' Alchemist calls out, wiggling in frustration and pain. 'You're squishing me. Let me go.'

Sharp claws extend over her back. The memories surface and her angry voice becomes a distant sound for him.

Vampire realised then that no matter what he does, no matter who he drains to the death, he will never feel satisfied.

Alchemist's hands grip his shirt. Her breathing is significantly faster as she senses something terribly wrong with him.

'Let...me...' She doesn't get to finish that sentence. They are both shaken by their sharp doorbell ringing across the house. Vampire drops her suddenly, pushes her out of his room and shuts the door before she even manages to take a glimpse of his face.

Alchemist is still catching her breath before the second ringing. She gulps as she nervously fixes her messy hair and peeps through the kitchen window to see who it is. Her emotions take a turn once more when she sees Strawberry Crepe of all people.

Soon, she gathers her confused thoughts, locks them away and turns the round door knob.

'Sup'.' Strawberry Crepe smiles with chill confidence. 'I'm here because Almond told me you could help with an investigation.'