ch 40*

Today is an interesting day, I must say.

I occasionally met bandit tribes that tried to raid me but ended up dead anyway.

This one however looks important, this little girl with brown hair. She is someone important not that I care because she's already dead.

"So, why don't you come out. Aren't you going to avenge your little slave?"

"She's not my slave, she's one of my tribesmen. Although I'm sad that she died, it's her weakness that got her killed"

A raven shape-shifted into a mature woman...with magic. She's extremely strong judging by her aura and I can sense a lot of mana in her, not that it changes anything. She's stronger than me in raw power but my technique and skills are flawless with my limited self.

"Well, what do you want to ask?"

"Why don't you join my tribe. You are strong, the tribe values strong"

"Sigh~, you are right. I'm strong and you know what. I hate when someone tried to loot me, which your Branwen tribe did. So, Let's get to a death battle, the survivor leaves this area alive"

She took her katana which is infused with dust.

"Very well, if I win. You'll join my tribe. If I lose, I die"

I swung my spear shedding the blood away from it.

Of course, she attacked me when I didn't even say start but that doesn't matter. I blocked her attack with my arm. Infinite aura for the win. 

She is quick in getting back but I predicted where she will be landing and swung my spear which she tried to parry but I'm faster. It hit her aura barrier sending her flying away and crashing.

"You know, I'm holding back a lot. My attack could have cut through your aura like a piece of paper. So, are you going to take it seriously now?"

She rushed at me striking me with slashing and quick-strike attacks but I blocked them with my weapon easily. Seeing I'm not breaking a sweat she used a sneak attack.
A portal appeared behind me and a wind-coated blade passed through it as I fly in the air avoiding it.

"Hmm Faunus instincts are really good"

Landing on the ground, I saw Branwen's leader open a portal, mainly she's going to escape from her body language.

Before that can happen, I flew there and slashed at her, she narrowly escaped from me avoiding the attack but my spear cut through her sword, and the portal closed itself. Judging by how her aura got depleted a little, this is her semblance.

"Your semblance shows that you are weak, it is a means to escape in case you face a stronger opponent. Don't worry, I don't blame you, you have the right to have that kind of semblance. After all, you are weak"

I was about to finish her by piercing her with my spear but I jumped back as a lightning strike is about to hit me listening to my instincts.

She flew in the air as she used mana to control the weather, a blade formed in her hand while I released a laser charge at her from Alectrona.

She avoided it and froze my body up to my neck.

I channelled all of my aura into Alectrona and released all of it on the spot, causing an explosion and a huge flash of light from the blast, it melted everything around me including. the ice. Due to my virtually infinite aura, no damage has been done to me.

Simultaneously the magic-user got blasted away, I'm getting hungry. I was having Takoyaki until these idiots spilt my food.

"This is justice for my Takoyaki!!"