four

august 18th, 1993

an hour and thirty minutes later than he usually wakes up, eddie kaspbrak's eyes flutter open to find himself drooling on his desk. he raises up immediately. he looks around, finding himself aching.

his back felt like hell, and eddie's neck felt almost broken, like it could snap. he realizes that he had fallen asleep while doing homework.

eddie's head quickly turns to look at the clock on his desk.

6:33 am

eddie's never done this for as long as he's been in school. he's never woken up late. eddie rushes over to his bathroom, getting into the shower after undressing.

after his shower, eddie digs through his closet.

fuck, he thought to himself, yesterday was laundry day, and i didn't wash the clothes.

eddie gets out an old, baggy nasa sweater and some baggy blue jeans. he gets out a white turtle neck to keep him even warmer under his sweater. he tucks the sweater into the jeans nicely after he slips on the turtle neck, putting on his belt to secure it.

eddie slips on his navy tennis shoes to match the logo. he pin-rolls the jeans and grabs his school supplies, putting them in his backpack before throwing it over his shoulder. he runs downstairs and into the kitchen. he grabs everything he needs before running out of the door.

eddie rushes over to the side, grabbing his bike and hopping on it. he pedals as hard as he could, not looking at anything around him.

however, the familiar metallic roar rung through his ears, making his bell on his bike vibrate due to the mufflers power.

no, no! damnit! eddie cursed under his breath, knowing richie would only make him more late.

the mufflers got closer and closer before they were right beside him, making eddie feel as if his brain was on the rollercoaster due to all of the racketing.

"oh c'mon, kaspbrak. stop running from us." a feminine voice cooed. "we won't bite."

eddie looked over to find beverly sitting in the bed of the black truck. he glanced at he driver, and richie was looking right back at him.

eddie presses back on his pedals to come to a holt, the truck stopping with him. ben and mike were both in the front with richie. mike was so nice to him yesterday, so why was he hanging out with richie?

beverly was giving off a grin, but failed to match richie's toothy smile that he wore almost too often.

eddie sighed as his eyes darted between the two, getting off his bike.

richie and beverly started cheering, richie blowing finger whistles. ben and mike laughed at how the two were acting towards their on-edge friend.

eddie still wasn't sure about his decision. it left him more nervous than he thought he could ever be.

eddie threw his bike into the bed of the truck with bev. he crawled over the gate, sitting down across from beverly on the tire bump in the bed of the truck. he held onto the sides as richie took off. eddie squealed as adrenaline rushed through his body.

his chestnut colored hair that was messily laid on his head that day were blown out of his face. the sun shined down on eddie's smooth skin, the freckles amongst his face becoming darker.

richie barely had his eyes on the road the entire time. he could drive to the school without looking at the road once because of muscle memory. he felt his eyes flickering from the road to the rear view mirror then to his speedometer, still being careful with how fast he was driving because of his precious cargo.