one

SONGS THAT GO WITH THE CHAPTERS WILL BE AT THE END OF EVERY CHAPTER.

august 17th, 1993

it was the beginning of a new school year, and sixteen year old, eddie kaspbrak, was relieved that it was finally senior year. eddie was able to skip eighth grade due to how smart he is. after this year, he could finally go to college, get a well paying job, and move out of his childhood town, derry, maine. he wanted to move to new york, the big apple. it was his dream ever since he was a kid. after he graduated, he didn't have to worry about his over-bearing mother (hopefully) and the goons that have picked on him since he was a child.

five-thirty in the morning finally rolls around, the day starting with a piercing ring of the alarm clock sitting on eddie kaspbrak's nightstand. he slams his hand down on the alarm, hitting the off button, unlike most people. eddie sits up and rubs his eyes, staring at the wall for a moment. he stretches, his pajama shirt lifting over his small, tan stomach. he gets out of bed and slips on some old gym shorts over his gray underwear. he doesn't worry about putting on another shirt, stretching a bit before he walks downstairs.

he unlocks the front door, jogging out to the side walk. eddie would wake up very early every morning and put on some work-out shorts before going out and jogging until six o'clock.

eddie continues to jog down the pale pavement, the sun beginning to rise behind him. as unusual as it is, he starts to hear his favorite song. he could hear a few other people screeching with the beautiful voice of elton john.

tiny dancer.

eddie stops, looking around. he spots a black truck parked at the end of eddie's neighborhood. there was a shadow of a person in the rear window of the truck. that's when he spotted a raven haired boy with wild curls standing on the back of the truck, but eddie knew the girl.

it was his friend beverly. the red-headed girl had her arms wrapped around the boy's shoulders, swaying side-to-side while singing the song loudly...and they sounded pretty bad. a muscular man comes around from the front of the truck and begins to talk to beverly and the boy. the two get down from the bed of the truck. the muscular man walks back around to the front of the truck, slamming the hood of the truck down.

their truck must have broke down. eddie thinks to himself, watching the teens speed off.

eddie turns around and begins to jog back up to his house.

once eddie gets back to his house, he checks the time on the clock in the living room. six-o'five. perfect. he runs upstairs and into the bathroom. he slips out of his clothes before turning on the warm water. he starts the shower and steps in, letting the water hit his tan skin. he begins to wash his hair.

what was bev doing with that boy? i've never seen them hanging out. eddie sighs a bit, thinking to himself. i think the muscular man is the ben dude she's been blabbering about, but who the fuck was this other friend?

eddie begins to wash his body, still thinking. maybe i'll find out some day.

he turns off the water after rinsing, stepping out and drying his small, petite body off. he only reached five feet and a half. eddie wraps the towel around himself. he walks into his bedroom and slips on his grey, calvin klein underwear.

eddie grabs some lotion off his dresser. he begins to apply some to his golden legs and arms.

the small boy sits the vanilla scented lotion back onto his dresser. he slips on a pair of khaki slacks, pulling out his light pink polo shirt. he tucks in the shirt, putting on his brown belt to secure the shirt and pants. eddie grabs the dog tag off his bedside table he reads the necklace before tucking it into his shirt after putting it on.