twelve

a/n: another long chapter :)

eddie looked up at his mother, swallowing the spit that caught in his throat. "no, you're not. not with how you were acting at breakfast." sonia said, looking at him with an agitated look.

eddie looked up at his mother, blinking slowly with fear.

she has never grabbed him. she has never laid a hand on him until now. eddie began to remember what richie, beverly, and stanley had told him. he didn't deserve any of this. this wasn't justifiable by any sense. she was grabbing him just because of a joke he thought of?

sonia gripped eddie's wrist tighter, yanking him closer to her face. "do you understand me?"

eddie had tears in his eyes, staring up at her. "fuck you." he muttered.

sonia gasped. "excuse me?"

"fuck," eddie got closer to her face, "you!" he yelled as he ripped his wrist away, running out of the door. he grabbed his bike as his mother ran out of the door after him. he pushed on the petals with all of his might, speeding down the side walk to bill's.

"don't do this to me, eddie! where's my little baby boy at?!" sonia screamed as she watched her sixteen year old ride down the sidewalk until he wasn't visible anymore.

eddie was halfway to bill's house whenever he heard thunder in the sky, echoing in the streets. cold rain drops began falling onto his face before hearing running steps on the sidewalk behind him.

eddie looked around, seeing henry bowers and his three cronies.

you've got to be kidding me.

eddie felt one of them tug on his backpack, leaving eddie to fall off of his bike backwards.

eddie felt his face get smashed into the pavement, a foot holding him down on his back. "please," eddie whimpered out. "ambush me another day."

he heard one of the cronies open his backpack, pouring out all of his school supplies on the damp pavement. eddie squinted his eyes shut, small tears falling onto the ground and mixing with the rain.

henry ripped homework out of eddie's notebooks that he was supposed to give to henry tomorrow. henry does it his way though, and always has. he gets his homework when he wants it.

eddie just waited until the group left to pick his backpack up. by then, he was completely soaked, as well as his school supplies. he shoves everything back into the backpack, sitting it in the basket on his bike.

he throws his wet pant leg over the seat and starts to peddle again as the salty tears running down his face mix with the rainwater once again.

eddie let himself into bill's house, sopping wet from the storm he rode through. bill's parents were still at work since it was midday. he walked to the back of the hallway before walking into bill's room.

stanley and bill were on the bed, stanley's head at the foot of the bed while bill's head was propped up on the headboard. they dropped their magazines, stanley's tight, golden curls hanging off the bed as he looks at eddie upside down.

both of the boy's mouths fell open, stanley letting out a gasp at eddie who had tears in his eyes and not a single dry spot on him. stanley rushes out of the room as bill takes eddie's backpacks. stan comes back with towels, wrapping one around eddie's shoulders and laying the other on the floor, so he didn't get it wet.