one

━ chapter one, fight or Flight

chapter one, fight or Flight

"HEY, ELENA" a voice Elena recognized as Lexi, her greeting causing Elena to stop abruptly in the middle of the hallway

"HEY, ELENA" a voice Elena recognized as Lexi, her greeting causing Elena to stop abruptly in the middle of the hallway. "hey, Lexi?" Elena greeted more in a questioning tone, the brunette girl was curious as to why Lexi had a worried-filled expression on her face.

"where is Cassie?" Maddy questioned from beside Elena, making Lexi shrug as if she didn't know.

"I was just about to ask you." Lexi raised her eyebrows, making the two other girls look at one another in pure confusion.

lexi's curious voice was barely audible due to the loud music playing throughout the crowded house.

"She isn't answering any of my calls." Lexi continued, displaying her phone towards her two friends to show the numerous amount many times she had called the blonde Howard girl.

"I thought she was with you?" Maddy narrowed her feline eyes in confusion, she had been told previously that the two sisters were to drive together.

Her current objective was to get to the bathroom before her bladder bursts.

"No, we got into a screaming fight, and she got out of the car in the middle of nowhere." Lexi shrugged in annoyance and was wary, not understanding her sister's sudden outburst.

"huh? She always answers." Elena noted, her tone lacing with slight disbelief at Lexi's words.

Cassie has been acting off lately and Elena had noticed it.

It might be due to the breakup with McKay or the abortion, but the two girl's friendship wasn't as strong as it used to be. Meanwhile, Elena has found herself sparking a new friendship with Maddy Perez.

"I'm sure I'll find her, you two go have fun." Lexi let off an apologetic smile but Elena saw past her fake genuineness.

"Lexi I'll help you look, if I find her I will make sure to text you." She presented in a reassuring tone, seeing relief wash over the Howard girl's face.