16

"You know Black Widow?" Peter 1 says, his eyes widening in shock.

You shrug, aware that there were several pairs of eyes on you. You had to stay cool. And more importantly, calm.

"We've met." You admit.

"Met?" Nat scoffed, "I saw you throw an axe further and more accurately than I've ever seen before."

The Falcon, Captain America and Spider-Man all seemed impressed but you just felt awkward.

"I was just.. messing around." You itch the back of your neck, "It's nothing really."

"Well if that's nothing then you'd probably be giving Cap a run for his money." The Falcon, Sam Wilson jokes, lifting a drink of what looked like port to his lips.

Steve Rogers just shrugged, going along with his friends. The Captain America in this reality seemed as humble as the one in yours.

Your eyes wonder across the room, not wanting to make eye contact with any of the Avengers you were with. Instead, you make eye contact with the very person you were trying to avoid.

Tony Stark.

He was sat in the corner looking at you cautiously. It was almost as if he was monitoring you every move, praying that you wouldn't slip up and reveal a secret that had been kept for millennia.

You jump in shock which makes Natasha tilt her head.

"Are you alright?" Black Widow asks, seeming genuinely worried for you. You thought that was quite sweet of her.

"Yeah," You say, "Maybe I've just had too many shots." You lie, forcing a smile onto your face.

The others chuckle lightly and move on. You barely noticed though. You were too busy worrying about what Tony would do.

Suddenly, you were broken from your trance when you felt an arm on your shoulder, "Don't overthink it Y/n, just have fun."

It was Peter 1.

He gave you a grin then slowly got up to his feet, wobbling a little before finding himself and sliding to the dance floor.

They were playing one of your favourite bands, Arctic Monkeys, which was quite nice because you didn't think they would exist in this reality but they must've done otherwise they wouldn't be playing it right now.

The music surrounded you. It wasn't particularly loud but somehow it made you feel queasy, especially with the background chatter that mixed with the notes and distorted them making you feel nauseous.

You usually loved parties. What was going on? Why were you so nervous?

You leave the bar shortly after him and stride towards Peter 2 and Peter 3. Maybe they could comfort you.

"Nice dress." Peter 3 says, almost stumbling as he moved his arms. He was definitely quite drunk.

"Thanks," You say, "How are you guys doing?"

"We're good," Peter 2 says, "Well, I am. He's not. Not really."

You smile, "I can see that."

"But.." Peter 3 slurs his words, "You've drunk more than me. That doesn't make.. make sense."

"I can't get drunk. It's the powers. I'm not sure why. But yeah." Peter 2 admits, leaning against the wall.

The song changed as you rested against the wall beside Peter 2. You watched the bodies move across the dance floor. Peter 1 was really going for it.

"Oh shit." You hear Peter 2 say and you take your eyes off the dance floor for a second to see what was up.

You follow his gaze and make out a figure pulling Peter 1 from the dance floor.

Your heart drops when you see it was Tony Stark.

He was grabbing Peter 1's shoulders firmly and was glaring at you and the other Peters as if he wanted you to come over to him.

Shit. You were in trouble.