CHAPTER 64. RESOLUTION

CHAPTER 64. Resolution

THIRD PERSON POV

Why won‘t he hug me at least?

Kanina pa sila naglalakad-lakad, sobrang tahimik. Nakakapanibago para kay Khali na salubungin siya ni Trevor na walang ngiti sa kaniyang labi.

Hindi man halata sa ekspresyon ng dalaga ngunit kanina pa siya kinakabahan... natatakot na baka mamaya ay may magbago na hindi niya magustuhan.

Bakit?

Puno ng tanong ang isip nito ngunit hindi niya magawang magtanong. Naghihintay pa rin kay Trevor na diretso lang ang tingin sa daan habang tahimik na naglalakad.

Kalaunan ay tumigil si Trevor kaya‘t napatigil rin si Khali sa paglalakad. They stopped near the park just within the subdivision. Nakaparaming street lights. Humarap si Trevor kay Khali at gayon rin ang dalaga.

“What did you do this afternoon?” tanong ni Trevor.

Khali felt a little relieved that he finally talked. But the way he sounds right now...

“Did you meet that jerk again?” he added. This time he looks serious. Khali‘s heart started to beat faster.

“I didn‘t... I was with—” Khali wanted to tell him about her brother but he immediately cut her off.

“Stop meeting him.” he said with a hint of authority in his voice. “Also, kick him out of your house. I‘m talking about Kevin.”

Khali slightly furrowed her brows. “Why?”

“Just do what I say...” Trevor said in a cold tone.

Trevor turned around and bit his bottom lip. He swallowed the lump in his throat and continued to walk as if nothing happened.

“I can‘t do that, Kangaroo...” Khali said.

Napatingil siya sa paglalakad. Huminga siya ng malalim upang pakalmahin ang sarili.

He miss her. He miss her so much.

He wants to hug her but he can‘t do that right now.

He has...

He has to end everything now.

Trevor is afraid that his Dad might do something to Khali. How could he possibly fight back against him? He might be powerful in his own way, but he knows he has no chance against his Dad.

In order to avoid that, the only thing he could think of was to leave her side.

Even if it‘s hard. Even if it hurts.

After that, he will make his father promise to protect her from anyone, including Saber. Kahit anong method, as long as he could keep her safe he doesn‘t care.

Pero hindi niya kaya iyon. Hindi niya kayang iwan si Khali. He promised that he will stay by her side no matter what happens, but he also promised that he will protect her at all cost...

He needs a reason to leave. And the only way he could think of was...

To make Khali push him away...

“Can you stop calling me that way?!” he snapped.

Trevor couldn‘t think of any way to make her hate him but to suppress her freedom. Kilala niya na ito, ayaw na ayaw niya ang inuutusan siya. Sigurado siya na magagalit si Khali sa kaniya kapag pinilit niya ito na gawin ang mga gusto niya.

It was so hard. The pain Trevor feels while doing this to the girl he loves was like a million times.

Nagulat si Khali sa inasta niya ngayon. Akala ba niya sanay na siya sa nickname niya na ‘yun?