29

Jeongin felt his stomach wretch and he hunched over, throwing up onto the ground. He sat back up with a sigh, wiping his face with the back of his hand. He looked around and noticed he was laying on the castle floor. However, everyone else was passed out on the floor. Thunder still rumbled in the background. He slowly stood up and grabbed an extra sheet from the bed, laying it on top of the dirtied part of the floor, mentally noting to clean it up later.

That's when he noticed Seungmin was no longer lying there. He wiped his head around the room and stopped on a shadow figure by the window. "Seungmin?" He stepped closer.

"I'm dying.. aren't I?" Jeongin clenched his fists to his sides. Seungmin turned around, finally revealing his pale tear stained face. "Tell me, and be honest."

"No-" the both of them yelled out at the strong ringing in their ears once again.

"I said don't lie to me!" Seungmin sobbed, his hands over his face in sorrow.

"I don't know.. but if there's anything I can do, I'm gonna make sure you're ok. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you willingly." Jeongin pulled the boy into his arms. "There's a lot you need to know, but before that I need you to tell me how you managed to wake up on your own."

"I didn't. Both of us are still sleeping. I'm not sure how I did it but this is only what's going on in my head and I don't know how to stop it or control it." Seungmin pulled away from Jeongin and dragged him over to the window. That's when Jeongin realized the ground wasn't even materialized. The castle sat on a single chunk of ground, it was as if the entire realm had faded away.

He was rendered speechless, unable to even form a thought. Jeongin's face fell blank and he stared outside with no thought running in his mind. The truth was, he had no clue what he was going to do or how he could fix this. The only thing he wanted was for Seungmin to get better, but right now, he wasn't so sure that would happen.

Seungmin felt like his head was filling up with water and his eyes got heavy, once he closed them Jeongin felt himself fall back onto the floor. He shuffled up and found the room as it was before he ever passed out in the first place. The others still laid on the ground but the thunder had ceased.

He looked down at Seungmin for one last time, turning to the door and disappearing. When he returned to the infirmary he had noticed no one else there, except for Seungmin's frail, cold body. He sighed and began walking towards the dorms.

The campus was quiet, he couldn't hear anything unless he got uncomfortably close to peoples' doors. Even then it was quiet murmurs and silent cries. He was about one hall away from his dorm when he heard footsteps behind him, the sound creating a chilling echo about. He turned around and there he stood, the one responsible for it all. The dean.

"What more could you possibly want from me?" Jeongin sneered at the man, making sure his guard was up.

"I can't say that I'm sorry, because I'm not," Jeongin scoffed and rolled his eyes. "But I will say you fought wonderfully."

"That's what you're worried about? Not the dead bodies on your hands? Or the terrified kids spread about this hell hole? You're pathetic," he took a step closer. "This school is pathetic, this life is ten fold of pure fucking pathetic!" Jeongin stopped in front of him, "and all you have to say is that I fought well?"

The man chuckled, "I'm simply making you all stronger."

"Don't even try feeding me that load of bullshit. I'm not some dog that feeds off of scraps, if I'm eating anything it'll be over your dead body. That's a promise." Jeongin glared, his eyes fading in and out of black, which was making him weaker by the second.