Seven

Luna's POV

After Hope left, I washed my face and changed into some soft pajamas. As I pulled my sleep shirt over my head, I couldn't help but remember his long fingers trailing down my hot skin on my sides just a few moments ago. That led me to remember other things...the way his body felt against me. His lips on mine. The taste of his mouth.

Feeling distinctly hot again, I tried to focus on getting ready for bed. Telling myself that I needed to get my head on straight, I took out my contacts and replaced them with my bedtime glasses

I went looking for Boo, who conveniently disappeared every time Hope arrived. This was pretty normal for her for the first few times she met someone. I didn't have long to look. I said her name once and she came stretching out from underneath the bed, letting out a tiny meow. I laughed.

"Boo, you have nothing to worry about. He's a nice guy. This isn't Daniel," I told her as she purred and rubbed against my outstretched palm.

I knew I should go to bed because I had to work in the morning. But I still felt entirely too keyed up for...obvious reasons.

I decided to text my best friend, Eliza, instead, to see how her trip was going and ask her when she was going to be home on Saturday. I was feeling really guilty that I hadn't told her anything that had happened this week yet.

hey Liza, how's the trip? you guys looked so cute in that picture with Mickey! is Aaron having fun? what about the kids?

Luna! I miss you so much. wish you could be here with us. Aaron is actually having a really good time, surprisingly. I told him Disney wasn't all rides 🙄 but for some reason he's still surprised that it's got a lot more to it. men never listen, I swear. kids are having a blast, but they keep getting so tired from the walking. I yell at them to suck it up, but between us, Aaron has to rub my fucking feet every night before bed. I swear to God we've walked like 10 miles a day! I wasn't made for this kind of exercise...

I giggled at that and rolled my eyes. Liza was in a lot better shape than she let on. She did Peloton every day and worked her ass off between managing two businesses of her own and three kids. I sometimes felt like I needed a nap just hearing about her daily schedule.

they don't offer complimentary litters that Disney employees have to carry you around on and fan you? wtf are you paying for then? I swear I read about it somewhere...maybe that's part of the VIP package...

man, I wish. maybe if I was Mariah Carey or Beyoncé or some shit . that's it. next time I'm asking for the mariah/Beyoncé package. I'm sure it doesn't cost much, right? do the kids really need college?

I laughed and Boo looked up from where she was curled in my lap, her ear twitching in annoyance. "Oh, you're fine!" I told her. "No need to be huffy." My phone dinged in my hand again and I looked down at the text from Liza.

enough about me! what have you been up to? tell me about Luna!

oh, you know...just hanging around the house and working. I do want to catch up when you get home though. what time on saturday will you be back? I know you'll have a bunch to do when you get home, so if you need to wait until sunday to chat, I understand!