Eight

I woke up to my alarm the next morning, feeling really excited, but not quite remembering why for a couple of seconds.

Then it all came back to me. Tonight Hope was taking me out. As I turned off my alarm, I saw I already had a text from him.

good morning, beautiful Luna ❤️🌙

My heart stopped. Holy shit.

No man had any right to look that damn good. I felt heat pooling in my stomach just looking at the selfie, and I wetted my lips, my mouth suddenly dry.

My mind had gone blank, but then I realized I needed to answer him still. What was he trying to do to me? Here I was, just waking up with bed head and probably looking as pale as a ghost, and he had the nerve to be looking that good? I texted him back.

good morning 😳

I figured it would be a couple minutes before he could text me back since he was so busy at work, so I fed Boo and hopped in the shower.

As I was washing my body, I couldn't help but think about last night again. I could almost feel his fingers on me again, ghosting down my ribs. I gulped and turned the temperature on the shower down a little, as it was obvious I needed to cool off a bit before work.

That's it. I had to make sure I looked good tonight.

Although I doubted my ability to make him as crazy as I felt looking at that selfie, I was going to try my damndest. It probably wouldn't work. After all, he was drop dead gorgeous and I was...well me. Average. But I was was going to pick out something to wear for our date that flattered me and try at least.

I got out of the shower, feeling a little less heat in my cheeks. I went to grab my phone as I toweled off my hair.

😂 what does that mean? didn't like my selfie?

I rolled my eyes and smiled. He had to know what he was doing when he sent that. He had to know how good he looked.

no, I like it. you look, um...really good. do you have a meeting or something?

something like that. so you did like it. I'm glad 😘

I could almost see his dangerous crooked smile mocking me from his side of the phone. Ugh. I felt hot again just picturing it. My phone dinged again in my hand.