Nineteen ♡

"Of course, Miss Finn. Should I tell him we're on the way to his hotel, or will you?"

What had I just said? I could feel my own eyes widening in surprise at myself. I honestly didn't plan to go to Hope's hotel. All the reasons I had for going home were still true...but I knew in my heart I wanted to see him. Badly. How could I not?

I blinked at Joon-ho, who was politely waiting for my response. "Um, no need! I will," I said, my voice coming out somewhat higher than usual and sounding much more confident than I felt. I cleared my throat and looked down at my text from Hope, trying to clear my head. I needed to text him anyway to tell him I was in the car safely. Here goes nothing, I thought.

thank you 😘 you looked pretty damn breathtaking yourself tonight. I couldn't keep my eyes off of you

I'm safe and in the car. thank you for sending Joon-ho to escort me. you didn't need to do that but I'm glad you did. I would not have been prepared for this stadium situation on my own, not knowing what I was getting into 😳😅

you were absolutely wonderful tonight. I'm...speechless. I don't know rightly how to express everything I'm feeling right now, but just know that you and your band members completely blew me away. hoping I have more of a handle of my thoughts when I see you in the next few minutes. Joon-ho says we will be there soon 😘

There. I read it over a few times before sending it. I hoped that would be good enough for now. I fidgeted, realizing I didn't know what I looked like after the concert. My hair and makeup could be completely messed up after two hours of dancing and singing in my seat, not to mention the wind outside afterward. Surreptitiously, I pulled out my phone and put it in selfie mode to check my appearance. I tried to be stealthy, assessing the damage and fixing some hairs here and there. Then I pulled out my lipstick from my wristlet and reapplied it, trying not to be too obvious as I glanced over at Joon-ho every once in a while. From what I could tell, his eyes remained on the road.

"Did you enjoy the concert, Miss Finn?"

I jerked at the sound of Joon-ho's voice, having been engrossed in my own thoughts about what I was going to say to Hope when I finally saw him.

Hitching on a smile, I answered, "Yes, it was wonderful. They were all wonderful....but Hope... he was...I mean..." I trailed off, blushing.

Joon-ho smiled shyly and kept his eyes on the road, "Yes, Mr. Jung is quite talented, isn't he?"

I nodded, not trusting myself to put voice to any more of my thoughts. Talented was an understatement. He was incredible. Everything about him. My cheeks warmed, recalling some of his body rolls. I swallowed hard and pulled on the edge of my skirt for something to do.

I felt my phone vibrate in my hand and almost dropped it in my haste to answer it.

I was hoping you'd say that. I can't wait to see your beautiful face again. just a glimpse earlier tonight was not enough, jagi. I need you in my arms 😘

I felt my face flame and heat flood my abdomen at his words. I knew Joon-ho couldn't see the text, but I held my phone at an angle away from him anyway. How did Hope have the power to make me my body react even when he wasn't near me? I wondered to myself as I clenched my legs together.

"We're getting close, Miss Finn. Mr. Jung won't be able to meet you at the lobby, but I'll take you up to his floor. He will meet you at the elevator to take you to his quarters. He doesn't want to disturb the other members who will be getting ready for bed at this time."

"Okay," I said, getting more anxious by the minute. I hadn't thought about the living quarters and how all of the members would be staying on the same floor. Of course, it made sense now that he brought it up. It was just all a lot to take in.