Thirty-Three

Hope's POV

"Hey hyungs, what's it looking like out there? Are there any Army?" Jungkook's voice rang through in my in-ear.

Jin and I had snuck to a corner of the stage where I thought we'd be concealed enough to look out at the crowd without being noticed, hidden behind a panel in the shadow of one LED stage decorations.

Jin nudged me in the side, smiling hugely and pointing to all the small purple and white points of light already blinking into view in the crowd and laughing happily.

"Ahhh JK, yes, there are so many! Right, Hobah?" I jerked out of my own thoughts and flashed a grin at Jin before returning my eyes to the crowd, where they were busily scanning, but had found nothing yet.

"Yeah, there are! And on your birthday, hyung!" I answered.

He looked so happy. I knew his ideal birthday would usually be gaming all day and a delicious dinner of Lobster or Dakgalbi, but even though concert days were always stressful, seeing Army on our birthdays was always something we all got jealous of when one of us got to experience it.

I turned back to the crowd and continued my search as Jin kept up a steady chat beside me about how he couldn't believe how many Army were there.

"I bet they're planning some kind of event for you, hyung," I said, smiling and patting him on the shoulder as I continued looking. I thought she had said from seat map online, it looked like she'd be just a few rows back on my right. But everyone was moving around and she wasn't the tallest girl. It would be easy to miss her. I quickly shoved my hand in my pocket, thinking to text her to double-check about her seats. But then I inwardly groaned as I realized I'd left my phone on the dressing room table in my rush to come out here to see where she was seated.

"Ahh, Hobah, I don't think so. It's JingleBall, not our concert. I'm just happy I that I get to meet them on my birthday. That will be good enough."

But I wasn't listening, because just then I had finally spotted her. She had found her row and was heading to her seat, sweetly smiling and apologizing as people stood up for her and a tall guy in a chic black knee-length coat as they squeezed through the row. That must be her coworker Ben who she told me about. He certainly had style, I mused as I eyed his outfit appreciatively. Why did it look so familiar? Before I had time to solve the mystery, my eyes naturally fell back to her. She was radiant, wearing a flowy black wrap dress that hit her mid-thigh. The sequins winked in the neon lights as she moved, and even though the dress was short and definitely sexy, giving me peeks of her tan thighs underneath, it was tasteful. The billowing sleeves gave it a romantic feel while the V of the neckline showed just a hint of her breasts and beautifully framed her collarbones. I couldn't help but feel proud of her fashion sense, even though I knew if she'd been wearing jeans and a t-shirt I'd have still been drawn to her like a moth to a porch light. Hadn't that been what she'd been wearing the day I met her, after all?

When I didn't respond right away, Jin, growing irritated with my inattention, gently cuffed the back of my head. "What are you so interes-- ahhhh, never mind. I see now. "

His gaze had followed mine and finally found where it was fixed with unwavering attention.

"Luna," he said simply.

Hearing the smugness in his voice, I suddenly felt self-conscious and spending another few moments taking in the crowd and all the army bombs, finally could no longer avoid meeting his eyes.

His mouth was quirked in a knowing grin and his cheeks were plump like two buttered rolls, the way they always looked when he'd gotten the upper hand in a board game or when he was about to annihilate you in Mario Kart.