Corellia Mechanic and Bar

*Ten Years From 1st Chapter*

Empty bottles clinked together as I picked them up to clean off the table. I placed the bottles in the sink to let someone know they need to be washed. The bar wasn't as busy as it normally is but it was enough to make two people have their hands full. 

A band doesn't come in until later in the evening so slow music was coming from speakers that were messily hung in each of the corners of the bar. 

I rubbed my hands on the apron that I have tied around my waist. My brown hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail and surely my eyeliner had been smeared by now. 

I look up as the belle on the glass door clings letting me know someone came in. Normally it's just regulars that come in, but I'd never seen this person before. 

"Is this the mechanic shop?" the human asks. 

"What's the sign say?" I ask rhetorically.

"Corellia Mechanic and Bar, my lady, but it doesn't look like much of a mechanic."

I shrug in agreement before whipping my hands on a towel and walking over to him. "Then yes, how can I help?"

He jabs a finger outside. "My baby is a little banged up and she just needs to get tuned up a bit."

"Alright, it'll probably be 70 credits." He looks at me dumbfounded. 

"Only 70?" I nod. It's called marketing. Our prices to fix ships are low so then people can feel like they have more money to spare on drinks. 

"I'll get someone working on your ship right away. Can I get you a drink?" He nods and sits down as I poor him the foul-smelling drink he requested. Once I slide it to him I walk to the backroom to get Dreft.

"Some guy needs a tune-up." He nods and walks out of the door connected to the room that leads outside. 

Corellia is a giant travelers port. Anyone traveling will most likely stop through here to get simple repairs done, fuel up, and get some rest. This mechanic shop was known to be the best on the entire planet so we reeled in loads of customers. 

My job here shifted between working at the bar and working as a mechanic. When I first started here, I worked primarily as the bartender until Dreft finally let me prove myself. 

Dreft was a Dug who always wore a ridiculous amount of necklaces that clanged together when he walked. All eyes turned to him when he walked into a room and not in a good way. I learned to like Dreft even though his temper was short and he would mumble random things that I couldn't understand half the time. 

When I go back in to check on the client, another worker walked in which meant it was time for my break. 

"You're an angel, Urue." 

"It's all good, love. Have a good break." Her accent was unfamiliar to me and it made her words seem passive-aggressive even though I know she doesn't mean it like that. 

I thanked her and untied my apron, hanging it up before walking out of the bar and onto the busy streets of central Corellia. 

Shops were scattered through these streets. You almost never saw the same face twice down here because of how much tourism there was. 

The only important places were the bar, the diner, the hotel, and Catoro's. Too many poor souls down here get somehow intertwined with Catoro and his posse. Catoro owns a club that he named his own name. I'm sure that says quite enough about him. 

The problem is, Catoro is obsessed with fame. Everyone here has heard his name and he makes sure of that. His club has the biggest, brightest billboard in all of central Corellia. If you want something from him, which you probably will at some point, he won't make you pay him money. Instead, he makes you attend one of his parties. 

In the ten years I've been here, I've been sucked into two and I never want to go again. The music is loud and there's a certain attire you have to wear. For a club, it's ridiculously formal. 

The forest air surrounds the busy streets that I avoid by dipping into the diner that is hardly busy since the lunch rush has certainly passed by now. 

I waved to the chef before sitting down at an empty table. But the second I do, my head starts to pound in a painfully familiar way. I'd refused to use the force and for a while, I'd been able to completely push the sensation now. Until now, I guess. I'm not sure what it was trying to tell me but the feeling passed in just a few minutes.