Your Missing Kamino

I got dressed in my regular clothes. Not work uniform. It looked very similar to the kind of thing I would've worn on Coruscant and it gave me some unwanted nostalgia. I put my hair into two stacked ponytails before walking into the living room where Obi-Wan was already up and had his robes on that he must've gotten from the laundry this morning. 

"I don't have much," I said, trying to forget that conversation last night. "But take this." I toss him a green apple for breakfast as I take one as well. He thanks me quietly before biting into it. 

"Do we have a plan?" He asks through a bite of the fruit. 

"Once we eat we'll go to the docking bay and you can get your ship and I'll get mine. Once I'm in mine, I'll send you the coordinates. Once we get there... I'm not sure. I've never exactly been to Kamino, only heard stories."

He nods thoughtfully. 

After he finishes his apple, he brushes past me to throw away the core. "I'm sorry about last night."

"No, it's fine. You were right. I've never been miserable at the temple." He smiles a bit as I chuck mine into the trash can as well. "Ready?" Obi-Wan nods. 

He swings his brown cloak over his shoulder and I watch as he attaches his lightsaber to his belt which reminds me. I dip into my room one last time and shuffle through my closet.

Mace Windu only let me keep this in case I would need it. I very well might need it on Kamino. I attach my saber hilt to my belt as well before meeting Obi-Wan by the door. 

It doesn't take him long to notice. "They let you keep that?" The concern seemed to shuffle through eyes. 

"I haven't seen this thing since the day I landed here. I've refused to it and the force unless absolutely necessary. If that makes you feel better." He nodded hesitantly. "I don't even know if I can still use it. It's been so long."

A little bit of a smile seems to lift the corners of his lips. "I bet I could beat you in a duel right now." I could see the satisfaction in his brow at the thought of it. Twelve years ago I would've challenged him to a duel right here and right now to prove him wrong. But now, he was right. He became the better one of the two of us. Jealousy made my face look flustered at the words even though I know I shouldn't care anymore. 

"Yeah, probably," I say quickly. "Let's go."

We walk out of my apartment buildings and onto the streets of Corellia once again. In the distance, you could see the bright neon sign saying Catoro's name. I felt the ship key in my pocket before picking up the pace. The trees swayed in a light breeze and the sun barely peeked through the thin sheet of clouds above. 

It wasn't a long walk but it wasn't a short one to get to the docking bay. When we finally got there, a man asked us what model of ship we had. Obi-Wan told him first and the man directed him to where his Delta-7 was parked. 

When he turned to me, I handed him the key to the ship with some kind of label on it. The man immediately understood and told me where mine was. 

Obi-Wan had already gotten his ship fired up and had already started moving it to the platform to take off. He wouldn't leave until I gave him the coordinates, though. 

I hopped into the small ship and pressed a few familiar buttons until a small shiver ran below the ship telling me it had turned on. A gentle hum came from above and the simple sounds of the ship crowded the small cockpit. 

The map screen on my right flickered on. I searched for where Kamino should've been on the map. After I memorized the coordinates, I turned on the radio and tried to match the frequencies of Obi-Wan's ship. 

"Obi-Wan, can you hear me?" I speak into the com. A muffled yes was returned. "Ok, I'm sending you the coordinates now." 

I start to move the ship out and move to the launching pad next to Obi-Wan. He both look at each other and he gives a thumbs up, telling me he got the coordinates. 

My hand finds the gear shift and I lift the ship up off the ground and shoot the ship into space, Obi-Wan's ship hot on my heels. 

The flight from Corellia to Kamino was relatively short especially since we went through Hyperspace the second we could. 

Almost immediately after exiting hyperspace, the big blue planet was revealed. "There it is, Florence. Right where it should be. Our missing Kamino." Obi-Wan says over the radio. It's the first thing we've said to each other since we left about an hour ago.  

"Your missing Kamino. I knew where it was." I retort back as we go to land. The second we enter the atmosphere, rain clouds our windshields. The rain is heavy and is blowing around with the wind as if purposefully trying to knock us off course.

Finally, we both land on a large platform that easily fits both of our small ships. 

I watch as Obi-Wan hops out of his ship, throwing his hood over his head. He hesitates when he realizes I'm not getting out of the ship, much less turning it off. I told him this was as far as I was going. 

"Come on!" I hear him yell at me through the rain. He clutches his robe tighter to his frame to keep the rain out. "You know this place better than I do."

I roll my eyes and click off the ship, opening the top hatch and sliding down into the rain. I had no cloak, no hood, no nothing so my hair was immediately soaked. 

"I told you that this was as far I was going, Obi-Wan," I complain as I approach him. 

"As I said, you know this place better than I do."

I shake my head as another gust of wind threatens to knock me off my feet. "I've never been here."

"But you still know more. The longer we wait out here the colder we get, let's just go."

I don't complain further as we step through a door that must be motion sensed.