Begun, the Clone War Has

Dooku didn't release us. Instead, a few long hours later, we were placed in handcuffs and marched to this giant ring. 

Almost empty stands surrounded us full of rows and rows of benches and seats. As if for an audience for a show. I knew it the second we were walked out that this was the day that we die. 

A Geonosian, nasty creature, lead me to the last pillar on the right. There were four pillars that were dug into the sandy ground of the colosseum. My hands were clicked into place above my head, and not in an enjoyable way. The same thing happened to Obi-Wan who was directly on my right. 

The stands were quickly filling up. The Geonosians left the two of us and walked back into the place we were just walked out of. 

I look to Obi-Wan. "I didn't come along with you to die," I say jokingly in a way that wasn't truly a joke. 

"We won't die."

I scoff at his dry response. "We are tied to a pole in a way we can't escape. There is a crowd surrounding us. The only thing that would happen is if something was coming to attack us."

He nods. "That's exactly what will happen."

I furrow my eyebrows. "And you're not worried?" I'm having to raise my voice because I can barely hear my own thoughts with the loudness of the crowd of ugly winged creatures.

He shakes his head confidently. I watch carefully as his falls from cocky to dismay and concern. I quickly look in the direction he is looking, wondering if it's the creature that is about to kill us. 

"Bloody hell?" He questioned under his breath. 

I squint my eyes trying to figure out what he is looking at. That's when Padme comes into view. She still holds that regal posture. There's a boy besid-

"That can't be Anakin," I stare in disbelief. Obi-Wan shrugs in a nonchalant way. "Saints, he's grown up quickly."

Padme and Anakin get off their carriage, a luxury we weren't granted, and walked over to their posts as well. Obi-Wan turned to look at his Padawan and I remembered the conversation from earlier. Anakin wasn't exactly following orders like he should've been. 

"I was beginning to wonder if you'd got my message," Sarcasm floated through Obi-Wans tone. 

Anakin was being walked over to the post besides Obi-Wan when he responds. "I retransmitted it just as you requested, master." He takes a little pause, his eyes flicking to me. "We saw that you had found Florence again and that's when we decided to come and rescue you."

Obi-Wan turns his head upwards, looking at his chained hands. "Good job." I almost burst out laughing at the mockery. 

The crowd silents as their leader or whatever the fuck walks out, saying a few strange words. Then the metal gates that lined the opposite side of the stadium slowly began to open. From the four doors exited four creatures. 

I pulled at the bonds my hands were in as if they would magically get loose. 

"Just relax, concentrate," Obi-Wan in a non-helpful way. I can't tell if he's speaking to me or Anakin because his attention remains glued to the creature that's quickly advancing to him. 

"What about Padme?" I look over to her but before I can respond, Obi-Wan takes the words right out of my mouth. 

"She seems to be on top of things." Before I can muster out a nervous laugh, I get the first good look at the animal headed straight towards me. 

It had green scales that fells down waved down its back like an algae-filled lake. It was about as large as the one I noticed Padme begin to beat back. It looked more like a crocodile but with more teeth and sharper claws. Even the scales seemed to be pointed at the end. It was a walking knife.