Pure Evil

Obi-Wan and I found Senator Bail Organa's ship. Organa sent a message while I was flying that told me that the ambush happened across all systems. Something or someone made the clones simultaneously turn on the Jedi Order. 

So far, Organa has only rescued Yoda. Everyone else hasn't made contact. That means that Mace hasn't made contact. 

I refused to admit it to myself until there was proof. He's not dead until there's proof. 

Obi-Wan and I got out of our ships once we landed in Bail's. The look on his face told me that Bail's message reached him as well.

No words passed as I walked over to him, letting him hold me in his arms for a moment. He knew what I refused to admit. 

"Kenobi and Likely," A small but familiar voice spoke. His arms fell away from me as we turned to see Yoda. Trying not to seem guilty that Obi-Wan just admitted that he would leave the order for me was ridiculously hard. "Glad you are ok, I am."

"You as well," I responded. Bail followed behind him and we sent each other a nod. 

Bail waved for us to follow him. "There's a lot to talk about." I agreed with the Senator. 

Obi-Wan and I walk out of the hanger and into one of the halls of the ship that is bright white, especially with the fluorescent light illuminating every surface. Obi-Wan is the first one to ask a question. It was one none of us truly wanted the answer to.

"How many other Jedi have managed to survive?"

Yoda seemed to stiffen up for a moment. "Heard from no one we have." His wooden cane clicked across the floor. If you looked close enough, you could make out your reflection on the clean floors. 

Bail spoke next. "I saw thousands of troops attack the Jedi Temple," He said solemnly. My heart seized up. Everyone is at the temple. Anakin, Mace. Padme is close to it. What if the attack got to her and her baby? "That's why I went looking for Yoda."

I wanted nothing but to turn this ship in the direction and go save everyone we could. 

"Have we had any contact from the temple?" Obi-Wan asked, panicking. 

I expected another vague answer that practically told us no. "Received a coded retreat message, we have," Yoda answered. I lifted my head up with hope. 

I look around but no one seems to be sharing the same feeling of hope. Bail's face tells me it wasn't necessarily good. "It requests all Jedi return to the temple. It says the war is over." The message was a trick. 

"Well, then we must go back." I've never seen Obi-Wan in such a state. He was begging anyone to listen to what he had to say. This war has taken too much. If only I could snap my fingers and make it stop. "If there are any stragglers they will fall into the trap and be killed."

I agreed but words wouldn't form in my mouth to say anything. 

"Hmm," Yoda mumbled. "Suggest dismantling the coded signal, do you?" We've stopped walking and Yoda has his hands crossed over the top of his cane, using it as a brace. 

"Yes, Master. There is too much at stake."

"I agree," Master Yoda said. Finally. We were going to go back. It was ridiculously dangerous and foolish but I was desperate. "And a little more knowledge might light our way."

-------

We entered Coruscant's atmosphere while receiving a transmission from the councilman's office. They requested that Bail Organa go in to have a secret meeting. My, as well as his, first thought was that it was a trap but the Jedi's thought differently.