Weak Minded

The music could be heard from miles away, I'm sure. The line of well-dressed people covered the street. This happened almost every single night so most natives know to be back at their house at this hour. 

Obi-Wan and I walked awkwardly beside each other. We were allowed to bring a plus one but normally Catoro makes you dance with them. As long as Obi-Wan would stay in the shadows, I think I'll be fine. 

We finally got to the door and the same protocol droid was checking people in. For some strange reason, it was normal for people to try and sneak into the club. Normally these people were new in town and just want to know what the excitement is about. Poor souls. 

"Ahh, Florence," The droid said my name in a weird mechanical way. "And a plus one?"

"Yes," I spoke blankly. 

The droid waved an arm towards the door telling us to walk in. 

Obi-Wan makes a loop with his arm. I give him a questionable look. "Can't have you getting lost, can we?" He whispers. I scoff a little before I put my arm through his. We walk through the doors and we're engulfed with the strange vibe of the club.

The lights shift from purple to blue to red. Music blares from every corner of the room. The music is regular club music, slow and reverbed which somehow made the tension between everyone rise. 

I unhooked my arm from Obi-Wan's as I see Catoro approach from our left. 

"Florence, my dear, you were on time." I smiled an obviously fake smile towards him. He didn't care. "I see you brought a plus one. Never thought you were the one to have a partner."

"Oh, no. He's just an old friend. I actually wouldn't call us friends, honestly." 

He looks between us skeptically. "You wouldn't mind leaving your... acquaintance then, and joining me for a drink, would you?" One of the things I hated about him is that he formed his orders in the form of questions. Making you feel like you have a choice. 

"Of course," I nod. Catoro smiles, showing his ugly teeth as he begins to walk.

Obi-Wan's eyes are filled with panic. "Go find a nice corner to hide in or something. I shouldn't be long." He rolls his eyes as I walk away. 

I sit down at the bar next to Catoro. There is already a drink in front of me. It's a gradient drink fading from blue to green with specks of fruit at the top. 

"I've never seen him around before," Catoro says through a sip of his drink. "Who is he? Not a significant other, I hope."

"You hope?" I don't dare touch my drink. I hold it in my hand, however, to make it seem like I'm interested in it. 

He smiles again, showing his sharp teeth. I watch as one of his hands land on my knee. "You look beautiful tonight, as always." His hand begins to slide its way up my thigh.

I put my hand on top of his, stopping him. "No."

"I've needed you since the first time you came to my club," He whispers, placing his other hand on my hip. I try to peel his fingers away from me. 

"How much have you had to drink tonight?" I ask as politely as I can. But he keeps leaning closer to me. 

"Enough, my dea-" His eyes flick to the side and he pulls away, his hands making a point to slide back down my legs. 

Obi-Wan stands behind my chair. He's about to do something stupid, I know it. But at this point, he could do almost anything to get me out of this position. 

"You will not touch her anymore," He waves his hand gently.

Catoro's eyes fade out as if he is going into a trance. "I will not touch her anymore," He repeats. 

"You want to go talk to the new guests."

Catoro stands up from his chair. "I want to go talk to the new guests." He walks away quickly.

I bury my face in my hands as Obi-Wan sits where Catoro once sat. I should've thought of doing that but panic overwhelmed me. 

"Are you alright?" I nodded quickly after thanking him profusely. "It's truly no problem, Florence."

I stand up from the chair and he follows me. "We should probably find somewhere else to stand in case he comes back." 

Obi-Wan agrees and we walked to the other side of the club and into the place where there were probably about thirty couches. I sat on the arm of one of them while Obi-Wan sat next to me. 

The party filled quickly. The songs were becoming slower and darker. The floor was filled with people dancing under the changing lights. My eyes followed the large crowd till I found Catoro still up there greeting guests. 

That's when his brown eyes flicked to me. I turned my head around so quickly. Obi-Wan looked up at me. 

"He's coming back over here, isn't he?" Obi-Wan looks over his shoulder, then back at me. He nods hesitantly. 

Fuck

"Florence," His voice sent a chill down my spine. But he didn't try to touch me. "Isn't the music nice?" I nodded, not meeting his eyes. "I sure hope your little bodyguard knows how to dance."

I press my lips in a line and call him all manors of curses. "Of course he does."

"By all means, then." Catoro waves a hand towards the floor. 

I smile cockily as I grab Obi-Wan's wrist and pull him up. Catoro watches us walk as I whisper to Obi-Wan. "You do know how to dance, right?"

"Nope." Of course.

"Just follow me," I say quietly. 

"Always."

Once on the floor, I guide both of his hands to my waist and put mine around the back of his neck. 

Luckily, most everyone was just kind of swaying. But I wasn't just here to have a good time anymore. I was going to piss off Catoro. 

"Spin me into a dip," I said into his ear. His blue eyes filled with fear. 

"No way I can do that."

I stepped away from him and looked him in the eye so I could non-verbally tell him what to do. I extended my arm and he did the same. I only grabbed his fingertips as I spun around once and then curled myself back in. 

I underestimated how fast I would come in tho so I pressed my hand to his chest to keep my balance and his.

"Sorry," I mumbled quickly

"It's alright."

After a bit, Obi-Wan got used to it and actually did fairly well. We did the dip as well as a lift. Finally, I looked back over to where Catoro was standing. He was gone. 

I smiled and felt a lot better. 

"Ok, we can be done," I said, a little out of breath. 

He nodded and let his hands fall from my side. We only needed to kill about forty-five more minutes then we would really be done. Couldn't be that hard, could it?