Short-Circut Jokes

*Let's please pretend Obi kept his long hair*

"The General's command ship is dead ahead," Anakin's voice says through the intercom that is connected to my ship and Obi-Wan's. 

My hands were a little shaky on the controls, nervous about the first mission since I returned. Everyone seems to have this crazy trust that I can pull this off. 

So far, I'm doing well. Flying swiftly through debris is something I got to practice on Kamino while being chased by the Jango Fett. 

Buzz droids almost tore apart Obi-Wan's ship, so many clones have been lost during the flight, and missiles have almost hit us more than once. So I'd say we're doing great. 

A squeal from R2-D2, Anakin's Astromech Droid, makes me jump in my seat a bit as I see the command ship coming up. 

"Well, have you noticed the shields are still up???" Obi-Wan yells in panic. 

"Sorry, master," Normally Anakin would keep a very calm facade in cases where death is imminent but he did seem a little panicked this time. 

I help Ani and flip my ship around with him to start shooting at the shields. After a few shots, the blue light from the shields begins to flicker in defeat before finally cutting off. 

A large door begins to close shut in place of the shield. My heart jumps to my throat and I hold my breath, just hoping I can make it through. "Oh, I have a bad feeling about this," I mumble into the intercom. I'm the last one to skid through the closing door, ending in a crash landing. I barely make it through before it slams shut. 

The top of my ship pops open when I press a button and I jump out, grabbing my saber in the process. 

I roll to the ground and ignite it, slicing through the droids in a purple streak. Now that I somewhat know what I'm doing now, I feel a lot better than I did on Kamino. 

The three of us manage to kill all of the battle droids in the landing area, which wasn't too hard to do. All of them are dumb, treating their guns more like an accessory than a weapon. 

"R2, locate the chancellor," Obi-Wan yells over the few blaster shots. 

After all the droids are dead, we walk over to R2 who is pulling up a hologram map of the ship we are on. 

"The Chancellor's signal is right there," Obi-Wan points out. "The observation platform on the top of that spire." Something falls heavy in my chest and I know that the other two notice it as well. The feeling of some unfamiliar presence. 

We look up at the same time. "I sense Count Dooku," Anakin seethes. I wasn't there when the two of them fought Dooku. All I know is that Anakin lost his arm and Obi-Wan almost lost his life. I still remember the run-in with Dooku on Geonosis when he called me the failed Padawan. 

"I sense a trap," I say, not wanting another encounter with Dooku.

"Next move? Spring the trap," Obi-Wan says with a cheesy grin. A small smile forms on Anakin's face at the excitement of his Master. 

Ani notices R2 start to move with us as we begin our search. "R2, go back. I need you to stay with the ship.

"Here," Obi-Wan says as he digs in a pocket in his cloak. "Take this and wait for orders." He tosses a comlink to the droid who catches it. 

We nod and then turn to leave again. We make it into the first hallway, hoping to find the elevator to get to the Chancellor's floor.

"Pick up the pace. We don't know what they're doing to the Chancellor," Anakin says concerned.