White-Haired Man

The sun had just started to rise on the planet when we landed on the side of a cliff. The strangest thing so far was the large number of Federation ships. 

I didn't hesitate to get out of the cramped shit the second the ship shuddered off. Most of my joints cracked as I stretched out my body. 

Obi-Wan didn't say anything, just nodded his head towards the strange-looking base the federation ships were parked around. I had a bad feeling about this. 

I followed in his footsteps. My breath was strained after keeping in time with his long strides. The sun rose quickly, making the sky look almost fake with the beautiful pastel blue. 

We made it inside this hollowed-out canyon. I was honestly prepared to see the masked bounty hunter shoot us dead at any minute but so far there hasn't been so much as a pebble falling to the ground. 

Obi-Wan had his concentration face on. His jaw gets clenched and his eyebrows furrowed around his squinting eyes. I remembered that look from days in the library back on Coruscant. He'd always get confused about history lessons. The good thing to do would've been to offer to help but I had something to prove against him so I didn't. 

He looks back over his shoulder to make sure I'm there. His shoulders become less tense when he sees I'm still there. 

We enter this large corridor that gives me a strange sense of euphoria. Shapes and animals are carved into the strange walls and the ceiling, which seems like it goes on forever, delicately creating a dome shape. That's when the sound of metallic clanging catches my attention. 

I take the lead now, walking over to a balcony and peering over. Deja Vu from only hours before hits me. Before we were staring down at our troops of clones, now it was battle droids being manufactured. 

"Come on," Obi-Wan says after a few moments of staring in awe. I don't argue as we walk down more empty hallways and skip down more stairwells. 

Footsteps.

I hear them but it takes me a moment to realize they aren't me nor Obi-Wan's. Before I can react, he grabs the back of my top and pulls me into a divot in the walls. He puts a finger to his lips as if it wasn't obvious that I shouldn't talk. 

Distant chatter starts to become clear. "What about the senator from Naboo?" Padme. We were about to get the answer Obi-Wan had been searching for. "Is she dead yet?" My eyes widened. "I am not signing your treaty until her head is on my desk." More and more people kept coming down the hall like a giant horde.

Obi-Wan scoots further into the little hiding spot we've found so as not to be seen. I could feel his cool breath on the top of my head.

"I'm a man of my word, Viceroy." Some man responded to the threat. 

"With these new battle droids we've built for you, you'll have the finest army in the galaxy." I held my breath as their shadows passed across our spot. 

After a few seconds, Obi-Wan goes to follow them. 

"Wait," I whisper, grabbing his wrist and pulling him back into the tiny space. I dig in my belt and unclip something I'd been meaning to give back to him for a while. 

He takes his lightsaber. "I don't even know how this slipped my mind, thank you." I nod and we continue walking. 

We find a hole in the floor of the base and have a perfectly clear view of the meeting room that the aliens were meeting in. A man with white hair, and an absurd amount of confidence, kept talking. He must be the one holding the meeting and making people sign his treaty. This was less of a meeting and more of a persuasion. 

"They're planning on hurting the Jedi," I whisper after the white-haired man had said something strange. 

"Well aren't you bright?" He retorted sarcastically. "We should go. I got what I needed."

-------

We made it back to the ship a while ago but now our biggest problem was getting the transmitter to do what we needed it to do. Obi-Wan needed to send a message to the Jedi Council but the power couldn't be boosted. 

Then, we tried getting in contact with Anakin on Naboo. I still can't believe that Anakin is grown up now. All I remember of him is a tiny little blonde boy on Tatooine who was really good at fixing things, like me. 

But Anakin wasn't on Naboo. He's on Tatooine, once again. "What in the blazes is he doing there?" Obi-Wan exclaims as he gets out of the ship once more. "I told him to stay on Naboo."

Obi-Wan crossed his robe across his chest in a hug before starting the recording. "I'm going to let the council know that you are with me still." He formed it like a statement but it was more of a request. He scanned my face to see if there was any hesitancy. 

He turns on the recording. "Anakin? Anakin do you copy? This is Obi-Wan Kenobi." A creature screeches behind us, making me flinch. "My long-range transmitter has been knocked out. Retransmit this message to Coruscant. We have tracked the bounty hunter, Jango Fett, to the droid foundries on Geonosis. The Trade Federation is to take delivery of a droid army here and it is clear that Viceroy Gunray is behind the assassination attempts of Senator Amidala. The Commerce Guilds and the Corporate Alliance have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming a-"

I cut him off mid-speech. "Obi-Wan, look out!" 

"Wait... wait-" He brings out his lightsaber. Droids. I bring out mine too even though I know I haven't trained in years, maybe it could still block some blaster shots. 

But before I can take a breath, I'm knocked to my feet and the world fades to black.