Recognition

Coldness began to melt away with searing heat. I felt choked up, I felt-

I'm not sure what I felt like as the ice slowly melted away from me. I knew I felt an arm brace me as I toppled forward out of the rock of ice I was seared into. 

Muffled sounds surrounded me but my hearing was screwed up as well as my vision. I kept opening and closing my eyes trying to get the blurriness to clear away but to no avail. It was as if I was unfrozen but my senses were still in hibernation. 

"Hello?" The voice was starting to become clear. "Ma'am, I need you to wake up," Panic filled the stranger's voice. I guess he knew I was conscious because he kept talking. "Here, can you stand?" I didn't know as he helped me stand up. I still couldn't see too well but the blurriness was fading away bit by bit. I could now see a dim room and a blurry outline of the figure in front of me. It was definitely a man.

"Good, good," He said as my legs kept me up. "It's dangerous here. All I can tell you to do is just run. If you see Stormtroopers, hide. If you see a brunette woman with a few droids and a Wookie, follow them. They'll help yo-" His voice cuts off. "You're a Jedi?" He'd seen the sabers. I quickly shook my head. "Well, ok then. I have something I need to take care of so please hurry. It's about to get a lot more dangerous."

The man seemed to be in a rush as I felt his presence walk briskly away from me. I braced myself against the wall, taking in the information that was thrown into my lap. Everything swirled dizzyingly around me. 

If I was still frozen and Vader kept his promise, then he's nearby. Unless it's been so long that Vader's dead...

I didn't want to think about that because if it's been that long then so is Obi-Wan.

I took the man's advice since he seemed to be on the side of the rebellion if he wanted me to steer clear of Troopers. I'd hoped my vision repaired itself quickly enough to spot a Wookie and a brunette.

I started to limp out of the room, the sabers bouncing against my legs as I walked. In the distance, I heard shots from a blaster then, hurried footsteps running toward me. 

My gaze was at my feet and I could faintly see the leather boots come into view. I shot my head upwards to see who was running in my direction. My eyes scanned the brunette girl and Wookie.

That was easy enough. "Wait-" I heaved out, holding my arm out to them. 

"Get her, we'll take her to the ship!" The Wookie let out a soft roar and he walked over to me, picking me up in his arms. 

I held onto the brown Wookie as much as I could as he began to run. I could faintly make out a path that lead to a landing bay that was big enough for a large crescent-shaped ship. 

Shots began to ring out around us. They were being attacked by Troopers. I wish I could get down and help but I would probably collapse with the state I'm in now.

Suddenly, I was set down on a soft cushion. Everything happened so fast, I didn't know what to believe. But Vader was right. I wished I was dead the second I felt the Carbonite freeze me. 

Whoever was driving the ship didn't waste any time in getting us airborne and flying away. The ship flew less than smooth but it wasn't the worst. 

I laid my head back on the cushion, letting myself rest and let my senses come back to me. I began to look around, testing my vision. Some blurriness remained but for the most part, I could make out everything. 

I was in some kind of lounge area of the ship where chairs and tables filled the space. The ship twisted and turned and that's when I saw a man in a blue uniform run past me.