Did You Kill Him?

I had sat in one of the two chairs of the ship and curled my legs in the seat so I could rest my chin on my knees. When I heard the ship door begin to close, I knew that Vader had returned.

When he walked into the cockpit, I held back an audible gasp. He hardly looked at me, turning his face away from me so I couldn't see but it was too late. I'd already seen the gnarly slash that left his helmet open so half his face was exposed. 

The air around us was heavy with anger. I'd wanted to strangle him. I craved the feeling I felt that one day when I attacked Vader, nearly killing him. Now that he has his force back, I knew that I wouldn't survive and then he would attack Obi-Wan again.

Turbulence rocked the drop ship as we exited the planet's atmosphere. The giant Imperial Destroyer floated above us.

The feelings that rushed through me reminded me why I couldn't be a Jedi. The anger and the hate I felt towards Vader was making me impulsive. The only thing holding me back was the fact that Obi-Wan's life was at stake. 

"You going to kill me?" I ask as our ship lands in the loading bay of the Destroyer. 

His breathing was heavy, almost as if it were gasping for air. "You'll wish you were dead," He spat. Although his voice wasn't just Vader. I whipped my head up to look at him as a hint of Anakin in his voice broke through the cracked mask. 

He didn't waste any time standing up and grabbing me roughly by the arm. I tripped over my legs as I was yanked into the giant docking bay. 

Stormtroopers lined the walls, falling into formation as their master walked out of his ship. "I can walk on my own," I grunted as he was practically dragging me now. 

He doesn't respond. Instead, he tightens his grip on my arm. "Anak-"

He slams a gloved hand over my mouth which knocks me to the ground. His broken mask get's close to my face, his yellow eye glowing with anger. "Anakin Skywalker doesn't exist anymore."

My eyes gloss over angrily as he grabs a fist of my hair and throws me to three generals in uniforms like Tala once wore. It was Vader and his fanatics that killed her. He's killed everyone. 

"Take her to the chamber," Vader says as the men struggle for a grip against me. "I'll meet you there."

"Did you kill him?" My voice was animalistic as it yells, making the room go silent. Any soldier not in position quickly froze. "DID YOU KILL OBI-WAN?"

He turns to face me again, his posture was rigged. "A part of him died tonight, thanks to you."

"No-"

"I said take her away," His loud voice booms across the entire room. I struggle against the men but they cuff me. My hands, now restrained, became cold with the metal. I heard a familiar hum of machinery. It was blocking the force. 

I was pushed and shoved down the dark halls of the destroyer. I wanted to ask where they were taking me but the chances they'd respond were very slim. 

Eventually, I was thrown into a large room. Loose wires were everywhere on the floor and they all lead to a single machine. 

I'd heard about these from bounty hunters that passed through on Corellia. They were used to freezing their human bounties so they couldn't escape while they delivered them. 

Before I could have another thought, Darth Vader walked through the door. "I suspect you know what this is?" I looked back towards the Carbonite freezing machine and nodded, tears forming in my eyes. "Once you are put in here, you will never leave my side. Whatever ship, whatever mission, anything, you will be with me." He was going to preserve the last thing he had of Padme so he could keep it forever. I was a token now. "You won't escape this time, Likely."

I wanted to ask why as if that would make him rethink his choice but his mind was already made. "My friend is truly dead," I muttered as he grabbed onto me and pulled me towards the round platform. 

The handcuffs were taken from me and in my final moments, I closed my eyes and felt the force flow through me. 

Who knew when I would get unfrozen, if I was ever going to get unfrozen. And when, where, how? Questions filled my mind.

"Last words?" He ask me as he walked over to the controls, ready to press the button and lower me into the chamber at any second. 

All words escaped me. I wanted to say everything but yet I couldn't. Then I sighed and looked at him. His helmet was fixed. The Anakin in his voice was gone once again. "Nothing you do will ever bring Padme back."

"No, but it will bring me peace."

I heard the click of the button before all the gears and robes began to groan around me. My feet began to grow a chill beneath me and I squeezed my eyes shut, desperate to make the last thing I see Obi-Wan's face in my mind.

Cold heat seared around my cheeks as I was all the way submerged in the chamber. It didn't take long for my body to go numb, staring at my feet and snaking its way up in anticipation before it reached my head. 

All I could see was darkness as my consciousness slowly faded farther and farther away.