epilogue

In the end, Lucy was safely rescued by her brother and the two siblings went back to their homeland.

The peace in Vremoor was brought back. And Elena had reorganized the dark knights. Some were raised to a higher rank as some others were banished along with Isadora and were never heard again.

A few years later, Elena finally signed the alliance between Vremoor and Cair Paravel. And the celebration of the alliance was being held tonight.

Her hands smoothed the wrinkles on her gown as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. The color red from her gown dominated her pale skin. A pair of ruby earrings were hidden behind her hair as she was wearing a matching ruby necklace. She was wearing a boat neck gown that perfectly fit her body curves.

A knock was heard on the door that separated her chamber and the hallway. It only took a few seconds before it burst open, revealing her fellow friends.

"You look beautiful," Cassandra breathed out. Her lips turned into a curve at the compliment she received. "Thank you."

"I'm sure Edmund would be speechless," Cassandra said as she looked at Matthias. "Wanna bet?"

"I must be a fool if I bet on that," he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I'll take that as a compliment," Elena said as she approached her wardrobe and took pair of red gloves. Her hands slide into the gloves before she stretched her fingers to adjust with the gloves. The soft fabric wrapped her arms from elbow to the tip of her delicate fingers.

She always wears them to avoid getting any direct contact with the other royals. Elena was never the type of queen that enjoy meeting people from far away land. And wearing gloves would prevent any discomfort and it would reduce the burden she carried.

"Shall we?" Matthias held out his hand which she gladly took. Elena took a glance at Cassandra with a smirk, "Leon would escort you tonight. Wouldn't he?"

"Of course," a shout was heard from behind the door. Matthias opened the door and Leon was already standing there with a grin on his face.

"Well, there's no need to bother them," Elena said as she pulled Matthias by the arm. And they both walked towards the ballroom.

Not long after, they were suddenly held by the king on the corner of the hallway. "May I have the honor to escort you to the ballroom?"

Matthias shook his head before looking at her. "I'll excuse myself and try to find someone to accompany me to the ball." A small audible laugh left her mouth as she nodded her head. He held her hand and gave it a quick peck. "I do hope you'll find her," Elena winked.

Once he left, Edmund grabbed her by the waist. His strong arm kept her close to his body. "You two should stop this foolishness," Elena rolled her eyes.

"He clearly knows that it's only a matter of time before you become my queen," he said in satisfaction.

"I have no obligation to anyone unless to Vremoor," she stated while tugging her arms to the back of his neck. "But I could make an exception for you, your majesty."

The smile on his lips reminded her of the shimmering moon crescent that could light the dark night. Elena mirrored the smile as she realized that she never needed sun in her life. The moonlight that accompanied her in the dark and could lead her back to where she belonged was enough. And she had found them all in him.

"Then it would be an honor to have you as my queen," Edmund said before placing a small peck on her forehead.

- ☽.