The man she hates

Taylor stepped out of the elevator in her office. Several of the employees who were there stared at her in surprise, and one immediately looked at his wristwatch. Taylor smirked softly. Sure enough, she'd left work two hours early. It had happened a few times in all the years she'd owned the company, which was practically ten years for a minute.

"Are you leaving already?" the security guard asked her on the way out.

"Yes. But I think it's clear that my absence doesn't mean that you stop working, or that  you do yout work less well?" Taylor looked eloquently at the workers around her

"Of course" the security guard hurriedly said "have a nice day".

"Thank you" nodded Taylor and walked out.

The unbearable heat that had been there since lunchtime had now gone down a lot and the sun was still bright, but not as scorching. Taylor walked across the parking lot and opened her car door.

She hadn't left her car in an underground parking lot, so as soon as she opened the door, a lot of hot air hit her in the face. She waved her hand, dispersing it.

She touched the steering wheel, but it was scalding hot, too. Somehow, trying not to touch the hot air, she turned the air conditioning in the car on full blast and closed the doors to the car.

She stood there bored, waiting for the car to cool down to normal temperature. She received a text message from Jenny:

J:Mom, when are you coming? We have a session in an hour and a half and we have to get there and get popcorn and stuff.
T:I'm on my way out. We've got plenty of time, calm down.
J: Okay, I'm waiting.

Taylor turned her phone off and checked the car again. It was still very hot, but less so, Taylor got in, inside and opened the windows and drove off.

It was better to drive with the windows open, but when she got onto a busy street she began to inhale smoke and fumes from other cars, so she had to close the windows and turn the air conditioner.

Taylor put her face in the pleasant cool air and sighed. She hit the gas and drove half an hour to the house to the sound of the radio.

She quickly rode up the elevator and into the apartment.
Jenny, wearing shorts, a short-sleeved T-shirt, a cap, and a small backpack on her shoulders, came out on her way out.

"oh, you're here finally. I'm ready as you can see"  she said after the greeting.

"That's good, but I need to change, too. I'm not going to the movies dressed like that"

"Knowing you, you can do anything" answered Jenny, smiling.

Taylor put down her purse and went into the room where she quickly changed and had a glass of ice water.

Jenny stood in the hallway, waiting for her and texting on her phone. They left the house together and walked to the car.

"God why it's so hot in here"  Jenny said after she opened the car door

"It's ok, get in. I'm going to turn on the air conditioner and it'll be better"

Jenny reluctantly sat down and Taylor moved. As they drove Taylor asked: