The best ex-husband in the world

When Taylor entered the apartment and closed the door behind her, she sighed and rubbed her hands over her eyes.

She took off her coat and saw a man's hand. A hand she knew as her own. She smiled and still holding her coat in her hands walked into the hall.

Tom was sitting on the floor, in jeans and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, playing Monopoly with Jenny.

Upon seeing Taylor, Jenny looked up, smiled, walked over to her, gave her a quick hug, and went back to her game

"Hi Mom"  she said like nothing happened a few days ago, counting the play money.

Tom got up from the floor and walked over to Taylor with a smile. She hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Tom! Hey! I didn't know you were back"

Tom walked over to the table, poured himself another glass of wine and took a sip and said:

"Hi Tay.I'm literally here for a week. Shoot's coming to an end, so I managed to get away"

"Great, we haven't seen each other in so long" said Taylor as she went to the bathroom to wash her hands.

When the woman returned, she sat at the table and drummed her fingers thoughtfully on the table.

"Anybody want anything in particular for dinner?" she asked.

"No, Mom, don't cook anything. Dad and I ordered pizza" Jenny said.

"I can't believe I forgot. If you don't eat your favorite pizza, the day is over" said Taylor sarcastically.

"Don't worry, we ordered your favorite pepperoni" said Tom

He poured wine into a second glass and served it to Taylor. She took it, and sat on the couch, watching Tom and Jenny battle it out in monopoly.

Tom loved this game, and Jenny when she got older too. Taylor was so tired of the business at work that she couldn't stand Monopoly, because thinking about work after a hard day at work only gave her a headache.

Taylor  looked at Tom and Jenny with a smile. Her daughter looked a lot like her father,and Taylor was only glad of that,

Tom was a great man. Even though she and Tom were divorced, they were friends now. Taylor always let Jenny spend time with her father, and she sometimes joined them herself.

Tom and Taylor raised their daughter, making sure she didn't feel divorced. When they divorced Jenny was ten years old and she took it very hard.

That's why she and Tom reconciled, for the sake of their daughter. And then they let go of past hurts and became friends. Taylor was very happy with this outcome.

She sat down tiredly on the couch, and looked at Tom. He still looked almost the same as the guy she'd fallen in love with when she was 17. The blonde woman closed her eyes and took a little trip back in time.

She and Tom had met at a party, Taylor had drunk like a pig then and woke up in Tom's bed. She thought they had slept together but it turned out they hadn't.

Tom was so handsome, he was much older than her,and seemed so mature. Taylor fell in love and lost her head.

He was nothing like all the guys she knew. He wasn't interested in parties, despised drugs and preferred going to the theater instead of watching a movie.

To Taylor, he was a creature from another world. At first Tom didn't even want to give their relationship a chance because she wasn't even 18, but then he gave in. He himself sometimes didn't realize how he'd fallen in love with this slightly crazy 17-year-old girl, but he loved her, that was for sure.