Christmas

The ride was more or less uneventful. Jenny and Michael sat in the backseat discussing the drama that was going on at their school, but then Jenny fell asleep, complaining about having to get up early, and Michael put his headphones in his ears.

Taylor and Joe barely spoke, but every now and then their hands touched, which gave them both a silly smile and butterflies in their stomachs. After a few hours of driving it started snowing so they had to stand in traffic and by the time they got to the gas station they were hungry.
Joe went to get gas and Taylor and the teens went to get food.

Taylor got herself a salad and coffee that didn't look very fresh, while Jenny and Michael grabbed a hot dog and some sour candy.

"Michael what should I get your dad?" asked Taylor and to be honest she was a little embarrassed that she didn't know what Joe preferred

"I already got him a spicy hot dog, he loves it," said the boy.

"What about a drink?"

"Some coffee,but I don't really know which one"

"Okay, I'll just get him an espresso"

After the quick stop at the gas station, they resumed their journey. The snowfall had intensified, blanketing the landscape in a serene white. The sight was beautiful, and Taylor found herself lost in thought as she gazed out of the window, for the first time in her 34 years it felt like a true Christmas.

As the road stretched on, Taylor's thoughts returned to the present moment. She glanced at Joe, who had a focused expression as he drove through the snowy landscape. She smiled to herself, realizing how lucky she was to have him in her life.

Her musing was interrupted by Jenny poking her head between the seats and asking

«How long till we reach our destination?"

"About an hour and a half if the weather holds," Joe replied.

"All right."

«Don't worry, the real excitement will begin when we'll arrive"

Jenny raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Are we planning a snowball fight or something?"

Joe grinned. "You never know."

The rest of the journey was filled with light-hearted banter and laughter. Taylor and Joe shared stories from their life, while Jenny and Michael chimed in with their own anecdotes.

The car was filled with a sense of camaraderie, and Taylor couldn't help but feel grateful for the unexpected turn of events that had brought them all together.

As they approached their destination, the snowfall began to subside, revealing a quaint little town adorned with Christmas decorations. Joe's parents' house was nestled in a cozy neighborhood, and the sight of it made Taylor's heart swell with anticipation.

When they finally arrived, Jenny and Michael were practically bouncing in their seats with excitement, wanting to finally get out of the car.

Taylor's own heart raced as Joe parked the car and turned off the engine. They all got out, stretching their legs and taking in the sight of the inviting house adorned with twinkling lights.

As they walked up to the front door, Taylor's nervousness returned. Meeting Joe's parents for the first time was such a big step.

Joe knocked on the door, and within moments, it swung open to reveal Joe's parents. Warm smiles spread across their faces as they greeted their son and the two teenagers.

"Joseph, it's so good to finally see you!" Joe's mother exclaimed, pulling him into a tight hug.

"It's good to see you too, Mom," Joe replied, his voice full of affection.