The police

Taylor finished her portion and leaned back tiredly on the bed. At this rate, she would weigh 100 pounds by the time she left the hospital, but for the past two days her recovering body had demanded a lot of food from her. The doctors said it was normal, and the food in the VIP room was mostly tasty.

The woman needed the energy to get well soon,get back to the office and make fucking Alexei pay for everything.She won't forgive him for making an attempt on her life, the russian bandit will regret getting involved with her for the rest of his miserable life.

There was a polite knock at the door and without waiting for an answer, they entered. Taylor looked first at the clock hanging on the wall and then at the visitor.He was twenty minutes late.

The visitor was Police Sergeant Smith, who had come to take Taylor's statement.
Surprisingly he was not a young, green boy, but a man about Taylor's age or older. His face resembled something of a bulldog's face, probably due to his slightly sagging cheeks. Add to this the drooping eyebrows, the small eyes, and the yellow teeth from smoking.

This man smelled of cheap Walmart olecolor and a complete failure in life. "Typical loser," puffed Taylor in her mind.

"Good afternoon Mrs.Swift. Having lunch?" The man asked in a resounding bass.

"Yep."

"Well I see," he glanced around greedily at the rest of Taylor's meal, "they're feeding you well here, though, much better than the other patients"

The woman said nothing, he knew very well that Taylor had paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for that kind of attitude, and she didn't like that kind of jealous people.

The policeman, on the other hand, slipped himself a chair and took the necessary documents out of the folder, getting ready to write.

~~~~~~~~~

"So you're sure it was a deliberate accident and not an accident?" The sergeant asked for the hundredth time.

"Yes, Mr. Smith, I already told you. And I'm sure I'm not the only one" replied Taylor, using all her composure not to tell the jerk what she thought of him

"Are you talking about your boyfriend?" grinned Smith.

"I don't know who you mean."

"Yes, you do. That British citizen Alwyn with whom you have a purely working relationship."

"Are you getting paid to discuss my personal life or to catch criminals, I don't get it?"

Heck, if she ever sees this bastard again...he's going to get in trouble.

"Paid is a big word.I get paid a penny for catching drunk teenagers who stole their own father's car or wasting my time on people like you. The real wages are for detectives, even though they work for less than we,ordinary people"

Taylor could barely contain herself from raising one eyebrow sarcastically. Did he really came just to complain about his life and small salary, or what?

"I believe that an attempt was made on my life and I ask the authorities to find and punish the perpetrators. Can you put that in my statement after all?"

She simply chose to ignore his complaints. Fuck him. The American was not one to be pressed for pity.

"I can Taylor, but maybe you should just go see a therapist. I understand that being in an accident is a terrible stressor, but don't you think you've developed some kind of paranoia?"

"What fucking paranoia?! What the hell do you think you're doing? You're here to write down every word I say, not to run me backwards. Alexei Ivanov ordered an assassination attempt on me, I want to see it in the report. I want the authorities to take action!"