Chapter: 2

©2013 by Stephanie Stewart. [All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of myself, Stephanie Stewart.

___________________________________________

**Edited 10/21/15**

Chapter: 2

Allison Hall

I woke up on time for school today, unlike yesterday! I am still a little tired, but not like usual! I got dressed into my blue jeans and a white button up, silk top. I wrap my red scarf around my neck, followed by my, black North Face jacket. Lastly, I slip on my red Tom's, then head downstairs.

My mom has not left for work yet because she is sitting at the counter looking over a file. It must be a new case she is working on. I slip past her and take one of my prenatal vitamins. I grab out a bagel and place it into the toaster. I grab out the butter and peanut butter. Once it pops out of the toaster, I set it onto a plate and spread the butter and peanut butter on it.

I mix bananas, strawberries, and yogurt into the blender to make a smoothie. The doctor said I needed to eat more fruits and dairy, so that is what I'm trying. I sit down after my smoothie is ready, so I can eat.

Once I am done I place my dishes in the sink. I go up to my mom and kiss her cheek. She looks so busy reading that file.

"Oh, my! I am so sorry dear! I'm so busy reading this new case file!" She finally looks up from her files. She has her black rimmed glasses on.

"It's okay mom! I have to get going!" It is not a big deal! I know she gets busy! This is how she supports the family!

"I won't be home when you get home, neither will Alex." She says to me.

I raise my eyebrows up in confusion! Why won't he be home? He doesn't go into work until tomorrow. "Where will he be?"

"He's going to be with Lexi. They are planning on moving in together." I did not see that one coming!

"Hmm. Nathan wanted me to come over later anyway." I tell her. I am already pregnant, nothing else could happen really!

"You coming back to get your stuff?"

"I might! I do have clothes stashed at his place to momma!" I actually have a bunch of my stuff at his house!

She sighed. "I know you do Alli! It's just hard to believe that you're pregnant and practically living off with your boyfriend most of the time."

"I'm not going to leave you mom. You know that right?" She looked like she was going to cry! It broke my heart!

She sniffles and says, "I know! It's just that time flies!"

I went over and hugged her. I released her when I heard a honk outside. Who could that be? I told my mom bye and I loved her! I grabbed my stuff and went outside. It was Justin and Bree? WHAT?

I went towards the truck. Confusion is clear on my face right now!

"ALLISON!!! Get in!" Bree screams at me!

"I was going to drive my car?" I told her.

"Just get in!" She laughed and rolled her eyes at me.