Chapter: 40 (Part: 2/2)

***ALL RIGHTS RESERVED**

----------------------------------

Here is the last one!

Go add the new one called Our Family & vote on it letting me know that you've added it.

Thanks!

--------------------------------

Chapter: 40

Allison Petterson

Nathan left not too long ago. It was finally the next morning and I was finally being discharged as soon as he got back. He had to go get the car seats. I actually got some rest. I was nervous to sleep. I felt like I had to keep an eye on my babies as they slept. They were currently moving around now in their beds. I just smiled and went towards them. Holland has a small amount of blonde hair on her head, while Drew has thick, dark, hair on his head. He gets that hair from his daddy.  They both have my eye color, which brings tears to my eyes. These babies are a mixture of both Nathan and I. It is so strange for me.

I fed them earlier and changed their diapers. They do not fuss a lot, but I know that the day will come. Motherhood is an instinct that comes out after you lay your eyes on those beautiful little bundles. I know that I am so protective of them now. Nathan is too. It feels weird to be able to look at them now. They were in my stomach for a little over 39 weeks.

I heard a knock on the door, which caused me to look up from my moving babies. “Come in.” I said quietly.

When the door opened, it revealed Justin. Why is he here? “Hey.” He said as he run his hands through his messy, blondish hair.

I smiled timidly at him. “Hi.”

He walked into my room and stood a foot away from me. “I’m sorry.”

I just bit my lip and sighed. “It’s okay.”

He avoided my eyes. “Can we be friends again?”

That question took me off my guard.  My eyes widened slightly. We have tried this so many times and it never works. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. “So, what’s your answer?” He demanded.

He was closer to me. “Well, I guess you don’t care.” He began walking off, but I yelled out, “Wait!”

He turned to look at me with a confused look on his face. “It’s not that I don’t care. I care, I do. I just cannot be a friend to you. It just does not feel right. I’m sorry, but I can’t do it Justin!” I was on the verge of crying. This hurt to say.

“So, this is goodbye.” He said as he stood in front of me.

I just nodded. He bit his lip and sighed. He leaned in, which caused me to back up. “Just once.” He said as he came closer to me.

I did not know what to say. I just let him place his lips to mine. He pulled away seconds after touching his lips to mine. A sob caught in my throat. Why did I let him do that? I heard someone clear their throat at the door.

It was Nathan and he looked pi**ed. Justin turned to Nathan and smirked before walking out. Nathan looked so mad. He began gathering stuff around the room. He would not even look at me.

I did not kiss him back and I wouldn’t of had time to push him away either.  “Are you not going to talk to me?” I yelled, biting back a sob that threatened to come out.