36

It was a typical Bianca style bedroom. A mix of chic and a mix of plants- Bianca's one true love was plants. Bekah made herself comfortable on Bianca's bed- just like old times as Bianca sat next to her with a smile. Devon and Robert shared a discreet look of uncomfortable as they didn't know where to sit or if they should even sit. So they stayed standing.

"So, the bracelet?" Bianca started them off "Yeah right here." Robert produced the bracelet out of his pocket and held it up letting it dangle in the air.

"That looks familiar." Devon's eyes had narrowed slightly as he stared at the bracelet "Have you seen it before?" Bianca questioned.

"I don't know anything!" Devon sat there in the cold white walled room. It was nothing like that tv shows produced, the room had beige carpet and white walls. A single fake plant in the corner close to the door, and the table was a thin piece of wood painted white standing on wooden white legs. The chairs were plastic and white as well- there must be a white theme going on.

"Devon, we know you know something. Everyone saw you vanish at the party." The detective sat there with the folder laying on the table in front of him "I am telling you I don't. I disappeared upstairs to get away from the party." Devon told a white lie.

"Why did you want to get away from the party?" The detective raised and eyebrow as Devon sighed "Because I don't really fit into parties, and I don't really like crowds." Devon told the truth this time "Then why even go?" Devon looked down at his hands knowing he didn't really like the honest answer.

"It was better than sitting around at home, but it wasn't my scene." Devon lied as he watched the detective flip the page in the folder, before he could flip it again Devon saw a picture of a bracelet. It was silver and had a single small heart pendent on it.

"When the police brought me in for questioning. It was in a folder they had laying there." Devon recalled "What? So, wait the police know about this bracelet?" Robert questioned making Devon shrug.

"I guess so. I don't know how though, so don't even ask me that." Devon replied looking between the other three in the room hoping one of them has the answer.

"My dad hasn't mentioned a bracelet. Or at least not around me." Bianca sighed sitting back against the headboard.

"Maybe there's something in his office?" Bekah offered up making Bianca nod slowly "He has 2." The trio looked at Bianca curiously thinking they heard her wrong but as she didn't correct herself they had evidence that they did not hear her wrong.

"Becks and Devon you can check the office down the hall, me and Rob will get the office downstairs." Devon and Bekah made hesitant eye contact as they slowly left the room and headed down the hallway towards the office they were assigned to. Robert took one last glance back at his sister as he followed Bianca down the stairs.

"Why did you go to the party?" Bekah questioned as Devon shut the door behind him "Um.. Bekah that's um.." Bekah turned around from a book shelf she was examining and raised an eyebrow.

"I shouldn't have asked that question huh?" Bekah gnawed on her bottom lip as she returned to searching through the book shelf as if she was actively doing something.

"It wasn't a bad question." Devon walked towards the desk and started to rummage through drawers and papers hoping to find a link to this bracelet "Then what's the answer?" Bekah was curious as to why Devon ever went to this party.

"Because it was better than sitting at home-"

"Don't bullshit me. I am trying to help you get out of a murder investigation." Bekah cut him off quickly and Devon raised an eyebrow "That's because during the murder I was fucking you." Bekah froze at his words and shook her head "You don't have to say it like that." She mumbled.

Devon's eyes trailed up to the back of her head "I went to that party because of you. I wanted to see you. I had no intention of having sex with you." Devon admitted.