29: Sight

She Will Leave - Kid British 

I'll correct mistakes in the morning

___________________________________________

Amy's gaze touched every inch of skin on her neck for the fifth time this morning. The reflection of her neck revealed no mark to prove what had happened two nights before. It was a mystery as to how vampire blood worked. How it healed everything, even the hardest of things. 

Behind her, John's half naked body entered her vision in the bathroom mirror, a large towel wrapped around his broad waist. That very attractive V peaked out of the towel defining around his waist. "Amazed?"

"Intrigued." She conceded, her fingers hovering over the area. "It's odd."

The towel he held dropped from his fingers before he picked it up and ran it over his wet head of hair. He stopped behind her in the mirror, rubbing the hand towel over his dripping wet chest. "I was amazed once I learnt that my blood healed. But the novelty wears off."

She spun around. "No one will know, right?"

"Unless you tell them or if they're a witch or vampire."

Her eyes widened. "Everyone will know then!"

"....Basically yes." He pressed a swift kiss to her cheek before padding though the bathroom door and into his bedroom. Her eyes narrowed at his muscled back before scowling into her reflection. Asshole.

"Will you be back before we go to Michael's?"

"Yes," She answered as she walked back into the bedroom. "I'm going home to change. Who else will be there?"

"Celia will be there. Kate's family, Evie's family, and hopefully yours?"

"Matty, Jen and Morgan said they would go, Matty will drive."

"Great. Are you happy you're spending New Years with your friends?"

She sat at the edge of the bed and watched John dressing; forever marvelled at the way his body would move so effortlessly and smoothly without a hitch or pause. She smirked at the sight of his bottom in his white boxers as he stretched upward to reach his jeans on the top shelf. She loved white boxers on him. White boxers on any male was a sight to see but on John it was one hundred times better.

"My eyes are up here, Ames."

Her gaze flicked upward to meet his and she laughed. "I'm sorry. But yes I am happy."

"I'm glad." He said pulling on his jeans and zipping them. "Where did you want me to drop you off?"

"I'm meeting Micah for lunch at the diner near his apartment so the diner would be nice."

He shrugged on his t-shirt and grinned. "Anything for you, sweetheart."

"Oh, shut up." She slapped his stomach before grabbing her bag and waiting for him downstairs.

Yesterday, after they played around on the piano, John received a call from Mike about New Years Eve and how they were going to spend it. Originally, Amy was going to spend it at home with her family but the idea of being safely surrounded by vampires, ironically, and witches seemed appealing enough.

Since that night, all Amy can seem to think about is their sharing of blood and the fact Micah is a witch. She was still trying her hardest to forget about the stake sticking out from his chest. Her dreams wouldn't let her forget. She couldn't help but dream of it. Sometimes there would be different scenarios. She dreamt it really did hit his heart and he turned to that deathly grey colour those other vampires turned. Or, after John had woke her up last night to tell her she was having a nightmare, she dreamt he couldn't remove the stake and he slowly died without any way of being saved. Her active imagination was only fuelled by John's blood still running through her system.