33: Bloodstained Love Bite

(((DEDICATED TO PrincePegasus! I want EVERYONE to read his vampire novel. It is spectacular and I don't ever promote so you know I'm telling the truth. ))

*Last sexual content warning of the book :(((*

Second to last chapter. (Corrections later, I say it every time)

Song of the day: Sense – Tom Odell

____________________

Amy sat on the edge of John's bed the next morning, watching him dress in front of his mirror. She studied him as he stretched his muscled arms upward to shrug his grey t-shirt on. His eyes flickered over to hers in the reflection of the mirror before he turned to her and curled his finger toward her repeatedly.

The look in his eyes was one of determination. It was a look she knew from many times in the past but she knew whatever he wanted to do wouldn't lead to the bed she was previously sitting on. His hands covered her hips and moved her to lean against his table. Amy had showered before him, dressing in a pair of jeans she'd left here and one of his t-shirts. 

She smoothed her palms across the creases of his flannel t-shirt aware of the subtle fast pace of his heart under her broken hand. 

Without as much as a word his mouth pressed to the healing wound on the side of her head. He trapped her against the side, pressing himself against her, his hand cradling her neck as he placed another kiss along her neck.

All morning they had both been treading on egg shells, not speaking a word as they took turns to shower and dress. Amy was glad for the contact.

"Do you still want me to turn you, Amy?" He asked her suddenly.

If it were possible, her heart would have jumped into her throat. "I do."

"Did you know for a full decade you'll be accustomed to drinking human blood? You won't want animal blood at all; you'd want blood warm - human blood. No matter what you say that is what you'll crave."

Amy started to realise what he was aiming to do and pushed him back at arm's length. "Okay..."

"You would have to die."

She swallowed. "I know."

"I'd have to kill you."

"John, stop trying to put me off."

"I'm only telling you what's true." He placed another kiss upon her neck before pressing one to her shoulder. "Am I a fool to have almost let you go?"

"That's something you should be asking yourself."

"I am." He grumbled. Her breath caught in her throat when his fingers glided within her t-shirt and skimmed along the skin of her stomach. "I'm asking it aloud. And I'll answer yes. I was a fool. No sense at all."

He pulled her from the table keeping his body firmly to hers, continuing his tortuous trail of kisses further along her shoulder. Maybe she had mistaken his stare. Because as he moved back to gaze at her, the look of desire was hard to mistake for anything less or anything more. But it wasn't as carnal or mischievous as she had seen many times in the past. It was more like a man gazing upon the woman he loved ready to give her whatever she desired.

"I understand we agreed to meet the others at twelve. But..."

She was already nodding her head. Her hands curled around his neck to pull his lips to join hers. They both needed one and other as much as each other. Maybe expressing their love physically was another way for him and maybe even for her to finalise that she wasn't going anywhere and neither was he.