7: Fun

Girlfriend – Phoenix <3

_____________________________

"I will annoy you until you show me."

"I haven't finished it."

"It's been five days."

"Art takes time, Butlercup."

"Nice nickname, Micah."

He laughed and squeezed her arm. "I thought it was pretty creative."

Amy led Micah down the steps of the science building toward the cafe. "I really want to see it,"

"And you will. I promise you will it's just not finished yet."

"Then when-"

"Stop badgering me woman," He grinned down at her as they entered the shop. "Buy me a cookie and I'll consider showing you what I've done so far."

She grabbed his hand and placed it on one of the chairs. "Only consider? Oh, I'm flattered."

"Off you go, young lady." Micah ran his finger across her cheek before sitting down.

Amy had survived another half a week of lectures. She'd become accustomed to the stares, the questions and speaking in front of large amounts of people. Although it was only the second official week of lectures, she absolutely loved it. Plus, Harriet and she discovered that they lived only about four blocks from each other and because Amy was too... Um... Lazy - not scared - to go to the fitness centre for the swimming pool, they'd agreed to go for a morning jog on Saturday mornings.

"Speaking of young," She said after placing the cookie and a cappuccino in front of him. She went back to the counter and grabbed her own drink and a brownie. "It's your birthday this week right?"

"Tomorrow in fact." He smiled.

"Ooo, the big twenty-two. Any plans?"

"None at all, it's my day off so I planned on sleeping all day and taking Ronnie to the groomers."

"What a coincidence. It's my day off too. You're not spending the day cooped up in... Wait, you have a dog? Do you stay on campus?"

That made him grin. "I was waiting for these questions. Yes, I have a dog; my guide dog. No, I don't live on campus; my parents set me up in a nice apartment complex when I came over here."

"How'd you handle coming back and forth?"

"Well, um, my parents make their ends meet. I have a... Um, driver."

She raised a brow and leaned back. "Really?"

"Don't sound like that."

Amy blinked. "Like what?"

"You sound like you just found out I'm a spoilt rich kid."

She crumbled a chunk of the brownie in her hands before placing it in her mouth. "But I can clearly see that you're not."

Micah shrugged and picked up his cookie.

"Back to the point," She resumed. "You're not spending the day cooped up in your apartment. We're going to have... Fun."

"Fun?"

"Yeah, like... Um..."

A slow smile started to spread across his face. "Can't think of anything to do with a blind man, huh?"