Chapter 9

The sun is already up hours ago. The birds outside the room are chirping like there's no tomorrow...... true ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Sun rays hit Jaehyuk's dark lashes causing it to wiggle uncomfortably, due to the sudden flash. He opens his eyes slowly, scanning the blurry atmosphere he's in right now. First thing that he sees is the familiar yellow ceiling. 

I'm in my room? But yesterday....

 His head feels really heavy and dizzy. His body felt a little cramped as he spent hours lying on the cozy soft bed. The man turns his head to his left. And he sees.... Junghwan? What this kid is doing in his room? Junghwan is sitting down on the floor with his arms on the bed. And he's sleeping like a baby. Jaehyuk gets off the bed, tip toeing his way to the door quietly to not wake Junghwan up.

As he successfully getting out from his room, Jaehyuk looks through the empty lonely corridor. Trying to find a sight of living-life anywhere.

He gets into Asahi's chamber that's right between his and Yedam's room, scanning every inch of the room trying to find the smaller man. No one there. Jaehyuk's forehead crumpled. Where the heck is everyone?

He shuts the door in dissappoinment and walks through the corridor. He stops at a window between Hyunsuk's room and Jihoon's room. 

"The trees..." He said to himself. He still remembers when they were still kids, Mashi got hurt because he touched the trees. He said that the trees has a 'sharp needle' like surface. Since then, Jihoon forbids them to get close to the trees. The trees are more powerful than any of them, even Yedam can't hear through it. They have no control of the things outside the trees.

"Jaehyuk?" Jaehyuk turns his head when he heard someone calls him. It was Hyunsuk. That guy just came out from his room and looks at Jaehyuk in confusion as if he's a platypus or something.

"What are you doing there?" said Hyunsuk after seeing Jaehyuk staring into the window. Jaehyuk scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Nothing.... Oh hyung, did you see Asahi?" said Jaehyuk.

"Asahi? I think I just saw him walking with Haruto" said Hyunsuk. Jaehyuk's face twisted in confusion. Haruto?

"Where?" said Jaehyuk again. Hyunsuk just raises his shoulders signalling I don't know. "They were at downstairs just now"

"Ah okay. Thanks hyung" said Jaehyuk before teleporting. Hyunsuk gets into Jihoon's room.

•·.·✨·.·•

Jaehyuk walks at the hallway and looks around the castle. The castle is beautiful. A huge fancy staircase. Nicely embellished by luxurious furniture. The ceramic floor is as white as snow with small gold patterns. The ceiling is accessorized with a big chandelier in the middle and the walls are well decorated with classical vintage design. Yes, beautiful as always, lonely as always...

Jaehyuk enters the library which is Asahi's second favourite place after his room. Empty... Jaehyuk sighs. He walks towards the door.

"I thought you were still sleeping" Jaehyuk turns his back after hearing the voice. The person who called him just now slowly turns visible. It was Asahi. He is sitting on desk with a book on his hand.

"Oh I just awake" said Jaehyuk. He approaches Asahi. "Hyunsuk hyung said you are with Haruto?" he continues.

"I was" said Asahi. He looks at the book that he was holding. "Haruto went with Jeongwoo to play some games" he said again

Jaehyuk looks at Asahi "Sahi-ya, about yesterday... the vis-" Asahi quickly shut Jaehyuk's mouth with a book. He looks around and pulls Jaehyuk into the old library. He shuts the door.

"Yoshi..." said Asahi. Asahi and Jaehyuk looks at each other.

Yesterday...

"My power.... It's becoming stronger" said Yoshi while looking at his own hands in confusion.

"What do you mean hyung?" Junghwan who was standing beside him asked Yoshi. Yoshi looks at Asahi. 

"Asahi, where's Jaehyuk's memory glass? L- like, the glass thing, that you showed us earlier. Where's jaehyuk's?"  stuttered Yoshi in eager. Asahi walks to the cauldron and dip his hand in it. He takes out the yellow memory glass and hand it to Yoshi. He takes it. It was a picture of a glowing shape with 12 sides with them standing on each angles. Yoshi can't believe his eyes. His head hurts. The memory glass slipped from his hands. Asahi quickly catch it.

"Hyung are you okay??" said Asahi to Yoshi in concern. The man in front of him right now looks so traumatized. He's holding his head with his hands. "I- I'm fine." said Yoshi.

"No you're not. What happened hyung??" said Jeongwoo who is still holding unconscious Jaehyuk. "No-nothing. I... need to go" said Yoshi before leaving the room in hurry.

"I think Yoshi... knows something that he didn't tell us. And I saw him entered your room last night. But I don't know what did he do." 

"Where's my memory glass? Can I see it?" said Jaehyuk. Asahi walks to the shelves. He pulls a book to open the entrance to the spell room. Jaehyuk quickly follows him. They walked down the stairs together. The stairway is not as creepy as it was last night. They reached the room after several seconds.

Asahi walks to the desk and takes Jaehyuk's memory glass on it. He gives it to the owner who was still standing at the entrance. Jaehyuk slowly approaches him and takes it.

"We've seen the same thing that you've seen yesterday. You know what, Jaehyuk?" Jaehyuk looks at Asahi. "What?" asked Jaehyuk. 

"You know a lot" said Asahi. Jaehyuk looks at him puzzled.

"The king told us to stay here together and don't EVER leave" Asahi continues. He emphasizes the word 'ever'.

"And that what made me realizes that, among all of us..."

"You're the only one that is capable of getting out from this castle"