[CHAPTER 8]

Sob

Sob... Sniffle

Sob...

Sob...

"Oh god..."

Sob...

"Jiyeong... oh Jiyeong..."

Sniffle

"My poor Jiyeong! How could they do that to her?"

Sniffle

"Hey, Yeongshin. Pull yourself together." Chayeong demanded, annoyed at the male's constant crying. It all went silent.

"M-Maybe she's still alive...?" Yeongshin quietly wondered, Chayeong, confused, turned to him. "What?"

Yeongshin grabbed Chayeong's shoulders, shaking her in disbelief. "Yeah! Jiyeong might still be alive!"

"Jiyeong's dead, Yeongshin." Chayeong stated once Yeongshin finally stopped shaking her.

"What...?" Yeongshin whimpered as a tear formed in his eye and slid down his face.

"you were there. They put a hole in her chest with a tentacle. There's no way anyone can survive that." Yeongshin pulled his arms back, Chayeong put her arms up in defence, as if she knew what was going to happen.

"CHAYEONG, HOW CAN YOU BE SO COLD?! THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE! HAVE YOU NO HEART?!" Yeongshin screamed in sorrow as more and more tears slid down his face. He turned around and began walking back to the gym. "I need to go back to the gym!"

Before he could go any further, he was stopped when a hand touched his shoulder. "You can't be serious! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!"

"You heard those gunshots, right?" Yeongshin asked. "That loser from class 1... what was his name again?"

"Gyuhwan Han?" Chayeong replied and Yeongshin nodded his head.

"Yeah! Gyuhwan!" Yeongshin remembered. "Maybe he's fighting off those monsters! Which means the gym is probably clear of those things! Jiyeong's still alive! I can feel it!" He attempted to move again but was stopped once more.

"Yeongshin, Jiyeong's dead." Chayeong stated with a frown. Yeongshin turned around and faced her. "Look, you're not the only one who's hurting here, okay? So please, pull yourself together."

Yeongshin sniffled and pulled out his wallet, looking at the picture he had saved and put inside it.