[CHAPTER 17]

A team of agents loomed behind a metal door inside of a worn down apartment complex

A team of agents loomed behind a metal door inside of a worn down apartment complex. Suddenly, one of the agents quickly kicked the door down, allowing all of them to run in and aim their guns.

Footsteps could be heard, as a heavily injured variant began walking out of the darkness, begging the agents to help it.

"IT'S A VARIANT! CAPTURE IT ALIVE!" One of the agents yelled, however, they were cut short as the variant's body contorted and snapped before falling onto the ground, lifeless.

"What...?"

"Turn on the flashlight!"

Once the flashlight was turned on, all the agents could get a clear view of the massacre. Zero was standing in the middle of a bunch of variant corpses.

"What's that?! Is that a person...?"

"All the variants are dead! Did he do it?"

"HQ! We have something that looks like a boy here!"

Unknown to even Zero, a shadowy figure crept out of the room, leaving without a trace.

A bartender could be seen with his eyes closed inside of a Bar named simply as: Monster Museum

An agent with another man walked into the bar. "Visitors from Area C? To what do I owe the pleasure?" The bartender stated whilst cleaning a cup.

"Good to see you. You look as healthy as ever." The agent responded simply. "I heard you got a rare catch, everyone's talking about it."

"Well, I don't know much about it. But that's what I hear." The bartender explained as he reached under the desk and pressed a button, which lifted an elevator behind him.

"I was taken to a place called MM."

Zero was floating in some sort of tube with liquid inside. He had multiple items attached to him.

"They treated me like a lab rat."

Zero sat in a padded room, staring at the floor. Until, the door opened, and a woman walked in holding a tray of chips and a glass of water.