[CHAPTER 14]

Gyuhwan lowered his weapon, putting it down to his side and looked down at the child.

"Okay, but can't you do something about the way you talk?" Gyuhwan asked, "It sounds kind of like a girl and a boy talking at the same time... it gives me the creeps."

(Y/N) sighed and walked up to a nearby rock and leaned on it.

Zero grabbed the handle of Gyuhwan's shotgun, confusing him.

"Okay. Then how about this?" Gyuhwan flinched at the voice in his mind in surprise.

"W-What is this voice?! Was that you?!" Gyuhwan questioned, startled.

"Yeah. It's me." Zero responded, telepathically, with a bored expression.

"Holy..."

"Gyuhwan Han... you have a wounded soul. You poor thing." Gyuhwan looked at Zero in confusion.

"What...?" He murmured. "What do you mean--"

"Are all of you this sad?" Zero questioned.

"What do you mean 'all of us'?" Gyuhwan responded with another question with widened eyes.

"Humans. Are they all wounded like you are?" Gyuhwan looked up at (Y/N), who was looking down at the floor with a stoic face, then turned back to face Zero.

"No... Well, I'm not sure--"

"The people at MM, and Seongbin Yu were all hurt."

Gyuhwan furrowed his eyebrows

"What did you say?" Gyuhwan asked with a serious tone, as if he was trying to hide his rage.

A shadow covered Zero's face, the most visible part being his red, glowing eyes. "I suddenly sensed rage. You hate him, don't you?"

Gyuhwan began to yell, "Of course I do! Do you have any idea how he's treated me?! There's nothing to pity about a jerk like--"

"But I felt so bad for Seongbin, too."

"What are you talking about?! How could you feel bad for that Ass--" "You are all the same to me."

"All... the same?" Gyuhwan looked down, processing what Zero had said.

"Do you want me to save you both?" Zero asked. "Should I save you all? That's why I came into being."

"Came into being? Save us...?" Gyuhwan inquired.

"Yes. I can save you all." Zero responded.

"How? What do you mean by 'save' us--" "I'll kill you all." Gyuhwan took a step back in fear.

"I can do it. I have the ability." Zero stated with a smile.

One, after pushing the police car off of the bridge, looked up at the ongoing smoke with a disappointed expression

"Four. What are you doing right now?" He asked himself.